God help us, its a BST thread

Pets will still be limited by their race I'm afraid, and no new models will be added. Every pet model we add has to be loaded into EVERY SINGLE zone (until 2.5) and it's a massive pain in the ass.

i think the "Other" or "Melee Disciplines" filters work pretty well. They dont get flooded and have relatively important information

Perfect, makes sense to me. I still need to code how exactly this will work, but that's tonight's project. I've been busy getting the beast quests done and working out a few last kinks in stances so that we can patch "soon."

- Bitter Cold I think I'm going to leave in right now. It's going to be a pain to change and rebalance, and seems to still find a use
The big problem that by now I hope we are all aware of, is the buff slot that this spell takes up. I so often find myself clicking off groupdb to fit this recourse in with Slave bp and horok recourses and i'm still capped buffs, which means no spirit frenzy, no burn clicky without not having bitter cold on. I think that if you remove the recourse, double the damage that Bitter Cold does now to 1100-1300, make it 0.5 cast time and apply a 6-12 second cooldown it would balance itself out, because the bonus to dot dmg would go away. This would greatly aid our exp group viability, especially given new mimic stance. Pet will do a nice copy of such a nuke. Heck you don't even have to change the name or where you get it.

People keep saying beastlords are dots dots dots, but we have more cold nukes coming up in the levels combined than we have dots. Basing the spell damage increase solely on dots is problematic for exp groups because mobs dont stay alive long enough for them to be effective, in a lot of cases they wont tick more than once.

The big problem that by now I hope we are all aware of, is the buff slot that this spell takes up. I so often find myself clicking off groupdb to fit this recourse in with Slave bp and horok recourses and i'm still capped buffs, which means no spirit frenzy, no burn clicky without not having bitter cold on. I think that if you remove the recourse, double the damage that Bitter Cold does now to 1100-1300, make it 0.5 cast time and apply a 6-12 second cooldown it would balance itself out, because the bonus to dot dmg would go away. This would greatly aid our exp group viability, especially given new mimic stance. Pet will do a nice copy of such a nuke. Heck you don't even have to change the name or where you get it.

People keep saying beastlords are dots dots dots, but we have more cold nukes coming up in the levels combined than we have dots. Basing the spell damage increase solely on dots is problematic for exp groups because mobs dont stay alive long enough for them to be effective, in a lot of cases they wont tick more than once.

but mobs dying faster means u and ur pet will be doing more dmg faster.... will prob even out, bestlords will never be burst dps....

honestly i love the changes and cant wait.

oh one thing that might have been over looked since not many beastlords have it but the scale for frenzied campions build up is reall bad.... in fact it doesnt exist.... it take almost 8k mana to max it out at rank 4.... maybe its something that needs to be looked into.

Both? The overhaste is part of the top line regular beast haste spell, and the AA went away, replaced by HCC.

Ok, just making sure. The patch notes said Spirit Steed was "replaced" but didn't say anything about the spirit speed haste getting tied into existing haste spell.

I'm sure we will find out soon enough, and also I don't know any other 55 cap BSTS (I haven't been back for long, so sorry if I'm just misinformed) - so it's not that important, and the changes sound great, but damn if /s 8 is available at 55 that would be SAH-weet. Looking forward to the quest and stuffs :)

/s 8 (mimic) is 65, /s 9 (pet WW) is level 50. Why out of order? Because it's the way I happened to put them in, sorry. :)

Yeah the timer in the AA window also lies - it says 5 mins whereas the real timer is 30. I need to find where that lives, but this is my first attempt modifying AAs in this client, so I'm not as familiar with it as 2.5.

/s 8 (mimic) is 65, /s 9 (pet WW) is level 50. Why out of order? Because it's the way I happened to put them in, sorry. :)
I think having my pet mimic saturated spirit glove procs would be a bit OP at 55 so I will settle for WW :)

best new quest ever. love the flavor text in the book. the authors of that book could be compared to the greatest writers in western civilization

EDIT below

Ok had a LITTLE bit of time to test things out (did some Emberflow stuff and whatnot)

In regards to /s 8:
- Could we get an exception on the mimic to not include soothing? On top of soothing spam we also now get "You must have a pet who has the same valid target as you!" spam. Chat window unreadable (i use 6 already).
- Assuming intended, but doesn't mimic R1. Guessing to prevent OP like woh and "npc" kills that dont give xp/loot.

In regards to pets:
- Guessing this is another /s 7 "lol unintended" bug but figured I'd mention. I've already talked to GM-Twist about it. The heartbroken mechanic that was discussed is totally legit now with mimic stance and the new innate proc. Can't have just all buffs. HOWEVER, this also applies to R1. And those pets die as fast as a lvl 55 who just got ikky flagged and tried to run into "Firiona Vie" thinking it was friendly. Problem with that is, i now spend a large portion of most fights chain stunned and lol'ing hard in vent.

Just some initial things. I understand and fully appreciate this is early phase in, and all changes are subject to tweaks and nerfs. Cool with that. Need to do some more testing myself before I comment more. Those just seemed like glaring things (the mimic R1 thing i understand being excluded though).

Last edited:
Could we get an exception on the mimic to not include soothing?
Soothing is marked as detrimental? Strange - I will check it out.

Assuming intended, but doesn't mimic R1. Guessing to prevent OP like woh and "npc" kills that dont give xp/loot.
Intended.

HOWEVER, this also applies to R1.
Hah, definitely NOT intended. R1 pet death should not trigger the mechanic - only the primary pet. I will fix that.

First off, Thanks so much to @Taryth for your hard work and time put in on our class. We are all very grateful for your efforts.

I agree with everything Daenar posted above, R1 stun is problematic as all get out, off my bar until further notice =p.

My early stage comments:
  • Companion curse cooldown should be shortened to 20 minutes to match enchanter curses.
  • Sovereign still sets a 15 minute cool down on all classes pet heals and shares a cooldown with new Halloween clickies.
  • R1 should be changed to detrimental in order to proc bracers.

Upon further testing and use: Mimic stance is super solid and i've found WW to be quite useful situationaly already! The innate dmg to mob % change is very cool and fun!

Pets will still be limited by their race I'm afraid, and no new models will be added. Every pet model we add has to be loaded into EVERY SINGLE zone (until 2.5) and it's a massive pain in the ass.
I'm sure aesthetics are the last thing on the list, but in case you do feel the urge to add any pets down the line, I can think of the following non-deity models that are already loaded globally yet aren't utilized as pets:
  • Bat (2 textures)
  • Beetle (3)
  • Beholder (1)
  • Goo (3)
  • Iksar Skeleton (6 textures; 2 genders)
  • Joker (3)
  • Lion (1 texture; 2 genders)
  • Pixie (1)
  • Scarecrow (1)
  • Snake (4; technically used for Snakes on a Pail)
  • Spider (8)
  • Unicorn (2)
(Just saying, a Gnome Beastlord with a clockwork spider pet would totally be viable without having to tinker with global models!)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom