Got a Windows Update while on toon -> returned to find my character missing

Jestme

Dalayan Beginner
This happened on May 17th. I went to the shards main site, Manage Accounts, Character Restore Request, and filled in the form.

Email address, account name, character to restore ... etc. Then hit "I agree" I get a response that says
"The account name [my account] doesn't exist"

I sign in with this account and see that i can get on, but my character is still missing. The account does exist. I can't find any way to submit this form.

I then send an email to "[email protected]", cause this is the only other thing I see that is a way to give me account information. I did this on May 17th. Never got a reply.

What happened on May 17th is I was on a boat with my toon, when Windows 10 rebooted my machine and did an update. I did not delete my character.

@Jestme Does your character still show up on Fomelo?

Also, make sure that the "Use EQEmu For Login Server" button on the patcher is set properly. (I assume from your forum account that your SoD account is old, in which case the box should be unchecked.)

EDIT: For more reliable (and realtime) support, I recommend you check out the official SoD Discord server. Lots of staff members hang out there throughout the day, and players often offer up troubleshooting ideas too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom