Grobb SK Final Test - Broken? - *Some Spoilers*

I've gotten a couple PM's about this quest and unfortunately I don't really have anything to help you guys with :(

When I did this quest with my SK the champions bone dropped off a mob that no longer drops that piece. He now drops the cultists gem. I have recently gone thru all of mielechA searching for the mob that dropped it and had no luck. I do know that at the time I did the quest all pieces dropped from mielechA and were no farther in than having to goto the ladder leading downstairs (So fairly close to the entrance still). I also remember that the mob that dropped the champions bone was not named champion in any way. Also when I did the quest multiple pieces dropped off the same mobs sometimes.

So in closing I don't have anything really to offer. I assume that the quest has changed somewhat since I did it. The only thing I can suggest is that the piece might be really rare for some reason, or it could be bugged. (It was bugged when I did it). So just keep posting here about it, clearing mielech for the piece, or just move on and try to get other gear.

I spent so much time looking for this, have killed pretty much everything in the zone, and no dice. I'm down to a -25% experience mod from killing so much in there. :p I'm now level 34 so not really interested in it anymore, but I'm pretty positive its not dropping anymore.

--Dar

Update:

Killed the Overseer twice now, no bones.
Pretty sure it's not him.

Also killed the Angry Froglok 3 times now, no bones.
Pretty sure it's not him either.

I'd still be surprised if this came from a rare spawn mob, but trying to discout the possibility all the same.

The bones do drop, however, the mobs aren't named what you'd think. I'll see about getting it changed so that it's easier to pick them out as what you need.

Ive killed everything in MielA a billion times, crazy that it actually drops in there :p. Cant wait to see what mob it is. :brow:

Maybe it's the Spellswords near the Magician room?
They're always walking around with a big sword... might be them.

I can't solo them to find out though, they nuke me dead in 3 hits even though they /con blue at 30.

Those would be really, really hard mobs for a newbie quest though.

UPDATE2:

Was able to get a small group going last night in MeilA, and we killed a few of the remaining suspects:

Spellswords: Killed over 10 of these, no bones.
A Froglok Magician: Killed over 10 of these, no bones.
A Large Froglok: Killed over 10 of these, no bones.
A Froglok Soldier: Killed over 10 of these, no bones.
Cavern Mantraps: Killed over 20 of these, no bones.

I'm almost out of ideas at this point, perhaps i've already hit the right mob but have been unlucky on the drop.
We've been checking tracking for any unique spawns (i.e. priest, shadowy cultist), and found nothing.
I can only assume that there is NOT some reclusive, hidden static spawn out there that has eluded us.
It has to be a mob that's commonly seen in MeilA, not some mysterious uber-rare spawn.

The only things I haven't killed en masse are:
Fish
Undead Frogloks
Froglok Clerics
Froglok Chaplains
Froglok Artisians

Anyone with other ideas/findings is most welcome to post here in an effort to finish this quest up.

As a sidenote: do NOT re-hail the female SK GM unless you know what you're doing.
I made this mistake earlier today... I wanted to see if the quest text had been updated in the last patch (it hasn't).
Stupid me, my little container was in the bank with the other 5 items inside it.
When she explained the quest to me again, she gave me a new container... which destroyed the one in the bank (lore item) along with all the other quest items inside.
So, if anyone decides to hail her again to re-read the text or check for updates... make SURE your container is EMPTY before you do.

Thick Champions Bones dropping from A Froglok Duelist (the toad down the ladder)

Recieved tell from fellow SK on the quest (sorry I cant remember the name and logs were off >< would like to give him credit) with link of the drop. I must have killed that froglok a dozen or more times and only ever got the cords. Either the bones are rare or recently added to his loot table. Will confirm for myself and post back here when done.

They were recently added, the drop from them was broken. Basically the bones were originally dropping from the incorrect mob(causing the cultists gem to not drop). The cultists gem drop was fixed, but the bones drop wasn't corrected at the same time.

It drops and I finished the quest, so its all fixed. Course slightly worthless 40 levels after I started it though :p .

A Furious Froglok Deulist is NOT the mob. There is however another duelist lurking in MeilA that does indeed drop the bones you need to finish the quest, confirmed. The reward is a 2hs sword, not much use to me now at 37 but glad to have the quest done regardless :).

A furious froglok duelist IS the mob you want. I can confirm this because I just killed it and got the thick champions bone drop. It was at the bottom of the ladder, just past the priest, and it conned yellow to my level 18. Also had a soldier add which made things very difficult. Soldier was red, but mezzed it long enough to fiinish off the duelist.
Hope that helps someone.

edit: spelling mistake

i know this is old, but where is the throne to get the blessing of nobility, all i need to find to get it done, but looked at eqatlas and it didnt help any with the maps

EDIT: is the blood rare drop or something, killed him 3 times and with like a 15min spawn time gets tidius

well, just got the blood today, all i need now is the blessing, i have an idea where the throne is, when ya zone into keep of mielech on the west most zone is it that room you zone into??

I just got the Thick Champion's Bone from A patient froglok duelist he is at loc 823,540 middle part of the map western most area also just west of a Furious Froglok Duelist. Hope this helps.

Nhoriel

Back
Top Bottom