Hail, Players of SoD!

zinastik

Dalayan Beginner
Hail and well met!

It appears as though there's a good chance I am here to stay, so I wanted to introduce myself. I came across SoD through the Fires of Heaven forums, and I looked around but quickly disregarded it - I swore to never get back into EQ. I have been somewhat happily playing WoW, but my playing was split when I quit to go back to EQ in November, then completely dropped EQ about a month ago, hehe... in other words, I have been in MMORPG limbo ; ) Now, unfortunately, my play time is severely limited (although hopefully increasing soon), and I just couldn't get the thought of SoD out of my head, so last night I came to seriously investigate. I read all the rules, etc., and came to the forums to investigate some more. So far, I've loved how close the community seems, how .. blunt.. the admins are ;) and how this, in a lot of ways, seems to be EQ as it should have been. When I was playing EQLive, I *loved* it all the way up through PoP and LDoN, GoD was so so, then afterwards it completely went downhill - I truly did not like OoW and anything following.

Anyways, I would consider myself, I guess, a MMO veteran, which is part of the reason I don't relish the thought of a grind from 1-65 again, hehe, but judging from what I've read it doesn't seem that bad, and the thought of new/changed zones and a lot more quests with a true story make it somewhat appealing, something new. On top of that, I believe my brother might be starting up with me, so we could have some great fun with a 4 man team (once a boxer, always a boxer :D ).

I guess that's about all. My cash flow is, unfortunately, not expansive, but I promise to try to donate when possible. I have great respect for what it looks like all the designers, etc. do for the server, and I would definately like to see that stay and make a contribution to it. Well, hopefully talk to some of you in-game. I'm not 100% sure on my classes yet, but I made a character last night and reserved the name I've taken up in all MMOs - Zinastik.

I swore to never get back into EQ. I have been somewhat happily playing WoW
:lol: Hell ya that's funny!!! Once an Ever---cracker, always one! Haha, "somewhat happily playing
WoW" = bored playing WoW. I had the same feeling! Back to EQ, bored again. This is the *new*
feeling all over again. No other game has ever been the same as good ol' EQ <3

Back
Top Bottom