I need inventory tracking

Rustinator

Dalayan Beginner
Just wondering if there was any command or addon that would output character/bank inventories? I have played off and on here for years and have quite a few alts on different accts. Would be nice to not have to pop in and out of characters to see what they have.

Yes I have thought of that, but man that's tedious! There must be some way to dump this version to a text or database file.

Last time I played live for real was years ago, but I don't remember there being anything there either.

Honestly, I use the in game /note feature to track quest stuff. It is really buggy and basically doesn't work while multiboxing, but I find it useful enough.

Normally you can easily access/dump stuff stored on the client. Your inventory is stored on the server so you have no easy access to them unless someone explicitly adds this support and while it's somewhat useful sometimes I really doubt it is a priority ;)

This would be a really cool feature to add to Fomelo, provided it required some sort of authentication (login under the account in question). However, I'm imagining that the coding of this is probably not going to be that quick because you're going to have to make requests from outside the client to query the in-game databases. If this interface could be made an extension of the existing Fomelo code, it wouldn't be too bad, but if not, I'd seeing this get hairy really quickly. Plus I don't really think this is something which should be publicly available. The authentication component would add additional code time. Add onto that the fact that some of the data structures (or calls) might be changing in 2.5, and you have a recipe for a nice idea that just doesn't have the dev time at present... tradeskillers can dream though.

Back
Top Bottom