Lesser Pilrgimage to mecca

misin

Teletubby Cosplayer
Oh hi.

Tomorrow i'll be taking a plane to the Holy City of Mecca in Saudi Arabia to make a lesser pilgrimage.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hajj

Here is some information if you're curious. I'll be making Umrah, as Hajj itself is only done in a certain month in the islamic lunar calendar.

I'll pray for you all

<3 Meso <3

Send me some riyals. I have some old ones, but not the newer issue. It's an interesting currency.

That IS pretty cool. I hope your trip is everything you want it to be.

Let us know about it when you get back!

Allielyn said:
That IS pretty cool. I hope your trip is everything you want it to be.

Let us know about it when you get back!
What Allie said =) I look forward to hearing about it.

Ok, so I'm back now. 2 week trip. Had a lot of fun.

We barely made it through the steps of Umrah. I brought my wife and 20 month old child with me which really slowed me down which meant we were walking barefoot on marble floors for like 3 hours straight carrying our son so he didn't get lost in the crowd. It was the first time my feet have been bruised. Then i slept for about a day trying to recover. We stayed in Mecca for 2 days then made our way to Medina which is the city in which Islam expanded from, home to what we call the Prophet Mohamed's Mosque which is also very sacred to us. (Our 3 sacred places being Mecca, the Prophet's Mosque in Medina and Al-Aqsa Mosque in Jerusalem- not the dome of the rock, mind you) Anyhow we went to Medina and stayed for a day and prayed our 5 daily prayers there. On the way to Medina i always see a "Beware of Monkeys" sign but i have never seen any and couldn't imagine monkeys living in such a barren desert. So on the way back i was talking to the driver and asked him if he had ever seen any of these monkeys and he said he personally hadn't, but he had heard stories of them. About 30 minutes later we saw a bunch of cars stopped on the side of the highway surrounded by, low and behold, BABOONS! First time in my life to see a wild baboon. It was like going on a safari side trip in the middle of our pilgrimage. We fed them some bread and saw their bright red buttockses. Mind you, the ones you see in the zoo have much prettier cheeks to sit on. The ones we saw looked burnt from the blazing sun and/or domination quarrels between the males. It was kinda yucky tbh, but the monkeys themselves were pretty. Enough about monkey asses, we fed them some bread and we through a packet of BBQ sauce out there and got to see them open it up and enjoy the goodness inside. Then at the end the driver puts the car in drive so the doors lock automatically and the sound scared one of them that was sitting next to my door. He jumped back as if he was insulted by the noise then jumped at me and smacked his face into the window. Scared the crap out of me tbh, but no damage was done. We were out there, though. came back from medina and stayed another week in Mecca praying all the prayers we could in the Holy Mosque there. I read much Quran in the Arabic language and have becoming much more literate thankfully. I prayed and worshipped God alone with pretty much nothing else to do, which was a very relaxing vaccation. We just got back to Egypt and are getting outselves readjusted. It was a wonderful trip, we had lots of fun and felt we had fulfilled a part of what we owe to He who provides us with everything.

I'm too tired to even proof read so forgive my unedited ranting. Also-
Weather was actually nicer in Saudi Arabia than it is in Egypt. We're having a heat wave atm and people are having a lot of trouble.

<3 from Meso

That sounds really fantastic, Meso! Congratulations on a rewarding and successful pilgrimage.

Wow, that sounds like a great pilgrimage. I'm happy for you three that you got to experience such a wonderful, relaxing time, close to God... and also for the baboons! :toot:

Again, welcome back. <3

misin said:

This is honestly all I could think of

mummra2.jpg

EDIT: omg i was owned

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but i'm doing this again tomorrow! (look at the first post)

Good God 07 Bump lol. Since i didnt do the bump i have to say Pilrgimage is really exciting sounding but, i live in a town where Catholic's come from the middle east and come to feast on the assumption of Mary. Which is totally cool and all being im Catholic but, Tbh its all the damn Younger badass kids that think when they come here they own this town. Which is really sad because they ruin the whole point of the pilrgimage. One year pretty much all the Surrounding counties had brought their police to my town to make sure nothing happened.

Baboons with big red buttocks going to be included in iksith? They can use the face-first attack as described above.

Back
Top Bottom