Let's expand the wiki page on Alignment!

Grinkles

Developer
Staff member
I just did a bit of organizing on the wiki page on alignment and was surprised to see it had not been added to since January of this year. The quests are now alphabetized and given brief clarifications where applicable, and each grouping of quests has been rearranged in a more logical order (Good followed by Evil, Lawful followed by Chaotic). I was especially pleased to be able to expand the Chaotic section by three quests, which I'm hoping will encourage non-bards and non-rogues at least to consider pledging to one of Dalaya's many Chaotic deities.

Characters like Chaa and Velleity, both of whom have 20% specialization bonus despite following "unpopular" deities, prove that alignment doesn't need to be as rigid as many think; this also means that there must be many, many opportunities for alignment shifts that are unaccounted for by the wiki. So, does anyone else feel like doing a little "community service" by piping up, doing a little wiki editing, and helping to further everyone's knowledge of alignment quests? :)

I literally just logged on to check out alignment and read your post. Much appreciated. I am working through Silver Crown faction for a couple of characters and figured I better know what alignment is all about!

Thanks a ton :)

I just updated the layout of the Quests section so that it is much easier to read. I've also done my best to provide further elaboration on some of the quests. Woe to whomever said only Bards and Rogues ought to consider Chaotic!

Does anyone have any further suggestions on how to improve the page? What would make the page easier to use? Should anything be cut or rearranged?

-----

Also, while I'm at it, can anyone tell me whether or not the final dialog in The Dream yields any sort of alignment shift? The Last tells the player that adventure and destiny await him, and then he is given two choices:

[D1] I understand.
[D2] My choice is my own.

Both dialog options yield an identical response from The Last. Maybe this dialog is just for flavor, but that second option does have a hint of Chaotic to it, or so it would seem. As this is very early on in the character's progress, there's no way for the player to see whether or not any alignment shifts are in play here.... Perhaps a member of the staff would be willing to shed some light on this?

Thought this might be an interesting place to ask but... is there any particular way to "denounce" your god once you're sworn and become a pariah? Like many others, I selected my god without really understanding the full implications of what I was doing (back at like level 24 when I was a noob) and I am stuck with a constant struggle of fixing my alignment, and not being able to raid that specific tier.

Thought this might be an interesting place to ask but... is there any particular way to "denounce" your god once you're sworn and become a pariah? Like many others, I selected my god without really understanding the full implications of what I was doing (back at like level 24 when I was a noob) and I am stuck with a constant struggle of fixing my alignment, and not being able to raid that specific tier.

What deity did you swear to? Odds are you're better off keeping it rather than switching to pariah. It's annoying to miss out on a raid zone but if you keep playing you will progress past it regardless and having an aug and a 20% spec are worth it in the long run. I went Pariah when I was a noob and have regretted it ever since.

What deity did you swear to? Odds are you're better off keeping it rather than switching to pariah. It's annoying to miss out on a raid zone but if you keep playing you will progress past it regardless and having an aug and a 20% spec are worth it in the long run. I went Pariah when I was a noob and have regretted it ever since.

For several reasons, I am sworn to Shiritri. I like it...but it's sure difficult to keep her happy, lol.

It also might be useful to add a note about the order of the various levels of alignment. I would add it but I'm not 100% sure on the order. I think it is something like:
neutral < (alignment) < highly < greatly < deeply < completely.
Can anyone confirm or correct this?

It also might be useful to add a note about the order of the various levels of alignment. I would add it but I'm not 100% sure on the order. I think it is something like:
neutral < (alignment) < highly < greatly < deeply < completely.
Can anyone confirm or correct this?

Using Lawful as an example, the order is as follows:

NEUTRAL
LAWFUL
HIGHLY LAWFUL
DEEPLY LAWFUL
GREATLY LAWFUL
COMPLETELY LAWFUL

I'll find a way to work that into the article tomorrow, most likely. Thanks for the idea!

-----

Meanwhile, can anyone weigh in on the following?

1) Does Shiritri's Necklace and Augment yield any Chaotic shifts?

2) Does Enthann's Necklace and Augment yield any Chaotic shifts?

3) Does The High Price of Knowledge yield any Good shifts?

4) Is Flames of Vengeance and Strife (Tarhyl's aug quest) implemented at all? If so, does it yield any Chaotic and/or Evil shifts?

4) Is Flames of Vengeance and Strife (Tarhyl's aug quest) implemented at all? If so, does it yield any Chaotic and/or Evil shifts?

Kise finished tarhyl augs (second complete on server, first melee afaik so info is lacking) which means it can be completed but he's in boot camp for the next 9 weeks so can't really be contacted for details right now. I would wager both of those hits are in there from the bits I heard him read outloud in mumble, but I don't have any real info on the shifts. It doesn't start where it says it does on the wiki - I had started in on Cemie, but I won't be playing her for a long while.

Last edited:
Make a new character, get your first confirmed alignment hit, and you will see that the Dream question is flavor

Is this necessarily the case? It is possible that the hit is there but just very minor. If a player gives A Gift to The Thug and then completes The Dream, he still comes out on the other end as NEUTRAL NEUTRAL (unless he's a Shadowknight).

Make a new character, get your first confirmed alignment hit, and you will see that the Dream question is flavor

I realized there was a way to verify this on my own. Frogloks begin The Dream already pledged. Sworn to Malath, they begin with 2% LAWFUL NEUTRAL bonus. Here is a snippet of a log taken from my encounter with The Last, logged ten minutes ago with a Froglok Shaman. Relevant portions are colored in chartreuse:

[Mon Dec 24 10:28:12 2012] Logging to 'eqlog.txt' is now *ON*.
[Mon Dec 24 10:28:17 2012] --STATS FOR Fwegacghaznnhhh--
[Mon Dec 24 10:28:17 2012] Fwegacghaznnhhh's alignment is LAWFUL NEUTRAL [LAWFUL, NEUTRAL]
[Mon Dec 24 10:28:17 2012] Fwegacghaznnhhh's alignment is similar to that of Malath. Fwegacghaznnhhh gains gain a 2% bonus to their specializations.

[Mon Dec 24 10:28:21 2012] You say, 'Hail, The Last'
[Mon Dec 24 10:28:21 2012] The Last tells you, 'By now you wonder where you are, and the purpose of this. I know you do. Introductions will have to wait, but suffice to say that you have been chosen. This night marks the end of your old life, and the beginning of a new. You have chosen a way to walk, a profession to learn, a set of tools and skills to wield. Tomorrow, you will become a Shaman. So does it fit that tomorrow you will live your life with a new purpose.'
[Mon Dec 24 10:28:21 2012] - [D1] What is this new purpose?
[Mon Dec 24 10:28:23 2012] You say, 'What is this new purpose?'
[Mon Dec 24 10:28:23 2012] The Last tells you, 'You are one of many. One of many that has been called to the dream. You have a destiny, a destiny given to you long before your birth. A destiny that will help change the very face of Dalaya. But now, you are ignorant. Unknowing. I wish to illuminate you. Illuminate you to the greater struggle, and your place in it. But this is not the place. Not the place. Before you can come to understand your role, you must first understand your world. Take these. They will teach you some. And this. Read it. It is the first step down a long, winding path. You may be lost along the way, but the goal is worth the sacrifice. Trust me. After all, am I not simply a figment of your own mind? A dream? Trust me. You have no other choice.'
[Mon Dec 24 10:28:23 2012] - [D1] I understand.
[Mon Dec 24 10:28:23 2012] - [D2] My choice is my own.
[Mon Dec 24 10:28:23 2012] You receive The Earliest Creation from The Last.
[Mon Dec 24 10:28:23 2012] You receive The Gods of Dalaya from The Last.
[Mon Dec 24 10:28:23 2012] You receive Mysterious Summons from The Last.
[Mon Dec 24 10:28:23 2012] Your journal has been updated. [Mysterious Summons]
[Mon Dec 24 10:28:25 2012] You say, 'I understand.'
[Mon Dec 24 10:28:25 2012] The Last smiles. Your surroundings begin to fade away.
[Mon Dec 24 10:28:25 2012] (NOTE: You are now on your own in the world of Dalaya. A good idea is to begin with talking to your guildmaster, killing some critters to raise your level, or perhaps even seeking out the person in your mysterious summons. Good luck!)
[Mon Dec 24 10:28:25 2012] Your alignment has changed to LAWFUL NEUTRAL.
[Mon Dec 24 10:28:25 2012] Your experience debt has been cleared. Any corpses you have left behind are no longer rezzable.
[Mon Dec 24 10:28:25 2012] You have completed a quest. [Dreams of Dalaya]
[Mon Dec 24 10:28:25 2012] LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
[Mon Dec 24 10:28:42 2012] You have entered Sadri Malath.
[Mon Dec 24 10:28:59 2012] --STATS FOR Fwegacghaznnhhh--
[Mon Dec 24 10:28:59 2012] Fwegacghaznnhhh's alignment is LAWFUL NEUTRAL [LAWFUL, NEUTRAL]
[Mon Dec 24 10:28:59 2012] Fwegacghaznnhhh's alignment is similar to that of Malath. Fwegacghaznnhhh gains gain a 3% bonus to their specializations.

It seems this really is the first opportunity for lawful/chaotic alignment that the game offers the player! I never knew.

=====

On another note, I've recently added quest pages for Historian Fatin's Story and The Wounded Soldier in the Plane of Fire. However, I've heard that there are actually three alignment quests in this zone. Is there any truth to this?

Last edited:
Using Google, I’ve scrounged up the following data regarding deity choice and specialization bonus percentages. I restricted my search to “site:shardsofdalaya.com/fomelo” and used phrases like “pledged to Sihala” and “bonus 20” to get these results. Note that only Fomelo profiles that have generated sufficient traffic or have been around for a long time will come up in these searches, so this is only a sample, and there’s no way to tell how skewed it is. Nonetheless, I thought I’d share.

=====

Number of players pledged to each deity in order of popularity (percentages shown in LimeGreen):

Althuna – 2,030 followers (37.11%)
Jayla – 1,110 (20.29%)
Pariah – 935 (17.09%)
Marlow – 699 (12.78%)
Enthann – 194 (3.55%)
Gradalsh – 99 (1.81%)
Divine Light – 79 (1.44%)
Malath – 76 (1.35%)
Shiritri – 54 (0.99%)
Tarhansar – 46 (0.84%)
Sihala – 43 (0.79%)
Tarhyl – 39 (0.71%)
Sivyana – 35 (0.64%)
Shojar – 31 (0.57%)

Total – 5,470 players

=====

Number of players with 20% specialization bonus by deity in order of popularity:

Althuna (Lawful Good) – 35 players
Jayla (Neutral Good) – 67
Pariah – N/A
Marlow (Lawful Evil) – 17
Enthann (Chaotic Neutral) – 26
Gradalsh (Chaotic Evil) – 16
Divine Light – N/A
Malath (Lawful Neutral) – 0*
Shiritri (Chaotic Neutral) – 9*
Tarhansar (Chaotic Good) – 8*
Sihala (Lawful Neutral) – 3
Tarhyl (Chaotic Evil) – 4*
Sivyana (Neutral Evil) – 6
Shojar (Lawful Evil) – 1*

*Desif, at 18%, has the highest recorded specialization bonus under Malath.
*Of these nine, all are either Bard (six) or Rogue (three).
*Of these eight, only one (Chaa), belongs to a class other than Bard or Rogue. She is a Druid.
*Among these four is Rience, who comes up under Google as 20% for Tarhyl despite that he has since turned Pariah (and therefore dropped to 15%).
*A critically endangered species by the name of Meso.

=====

Ratio of 20% followers to overall followers:

Althuna – 35 players with 20% bonus / 2,030 followers = 1.72%
Jayla – 67 / 1,110 = 6.04%
Pariah – N/A
Marlow – 17 / 699 = 2.43%
Enthann – 26 / 194 = 13.40%
Gradalsh – 16 / 99 = 16.16%
Divine Light – N/A
Malath – 0 / 76 = 0.00%
Shiritri – 9 / 54 = 16.67%
Tarhansar – 8 / 46 = 17.39%