Main Quest Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiz

NOT DONATING *EVER*
Since we just added in the next part (with a REAL hint of what the full quest will be like), use this thread to provide some feedback on the new dialog, different solutions, and other parts of the main quest.

I cleaned this post of replies since it was all "This or this isn't working right."

Please use this post for feedback from now on, not problems. :)

i am not that far into the next part yet, but so far i love the quest. The fact that you get to choose your side brings a whole new level or roleplaing into the game, and really makes it more immersive.

I dont really have any suggestions for the quest yet, besides giving a better clue as to where to find the journal in faydark. The most important thing this quest will need to have is choice though, dont leave it at just good or evil, let us choose exactly what path to follow. Choice has always been the key for true emmersion.

EDIT- new suggestion, i had my wife do the quest after me, since we both like to keep spoilers to a minimum. Well she wandered around fearstone killing mobs, and i saw her kill the named mob that spawns where the letter is dropped....yet it didnt drop the letter. Seems only the PH for the named dropps theletter, so my wife uknowingly walked away from that spot and killed tons of mobs in other places for an hour or so before i told her to go back there. Should give the noble his own spawn ) or make the other named drop the letter too.

I'm really digging the main quest though it seems the next portion has gotten a bit vague but I'm assuming that is somewhat intentional to make it so more time is spent thinking through what you have to do. It seems like a great way of putting the lore into the game. I'm curious to see where it goes.

First off, I absolutely love this quest. I think it's a fantastic idea and I wish that Sony and Verant had tied quests into lore so well. I also love being able to work on a quest at the forefront of everyone and not have any guides available. Everyone is on their own.

Currently, I'm at the part where the Priestess in North Badlands wishes you to kill some spectres of corruption for her. One of the problems of running a quest on the forefront with everyone else is that everyone is at the same part you are. These spectres apparently only spawn at 8pm (nightfall) and in a limited amount. I have to battle not only other players doing the quest, but also wandering mobs in the zone, as the spectres apparently depop when they corrupt a mob. For 2 8PMs now I've tried to get spectres. I've killed one so far. That only gives me 2 or so chances per day to attempt this part of the quest. I don't always have a tracking friend available to help out. I feel sorry for those that never do.

I understand that you do not want to make this quest easily done, but for a quest that every person on the server is taking part in, this seems like a huge bottleneck. My suggestion is to have a new wave of spectres spawn at 2-3 hour increments over the course of the night. It allows more spectres for players at that part to find, and also more corrupted mobs for players at that part to do.

Once again, fantastic quest that needs just a small tweak to be perfect.

maybe you are farther along than i, but i remember her saying corrupted creatures that need killin so you can turn in 3 corrupted blood. So unless I am mistaken and you are on a more advanced step then me, just kill all the corrupted mobs and you'll get yer drops.

kineldar said:
maybe you are farther along than i, but i remember her saying corrupted creatures that need killin so you can turn in 3 corrupted blood. So unless I am mistaken and you are on a more advanced step then me, just kill all the corrupted mobs and you'll get yer drops.

Different part, but thanks for trying to help!

Thats what i was afraid of, really wasnt looking forward to competing against every other Joe Snuffy to kill a few specters.

A little note about the spectres is that they spawn in a lot of zones, not just nbadlands. Also it will settle down as most people finish their main quests.

Wiz said:
A little note about the spectres is that they spawn in a lot of zones, not just nbadlands. Also it will settle down as most people finish their main quests.

Ah! Good to know! Thanks!

also on the spectres it seems they count way before she gives the part about killing them. i killed my four spectres back when i was killing currupted mobs, so when she asked me to kill spectres specifically, all i had to do was hail twice and get credit.

not sure if this is a bug or not, but thought it was worth posting

Waldoff said:
also on the spectres it seems they count way before she gives the part about killing them. i killed my four spectres back when i was killing currupted mobs, so when she asked me to kill spectres specifically, all i had to do was hail twice and get credit.

not sure if this is a bug or not, but thought it was worth posting

This did not work for me - at least, it was not reflected on the "You have slain 1/4 spectres" message I got when I killed the one I could find. I killed a few or so when I first got to north badlands for her part of the quest. Perhaps the message just didn't update. I didn't think to check back with her because of that, but will do so now because of what you said. Thanks!

If it does, let me know. That's definitely not the intended way for it to work(though it's not really a huge harm, it does need to be fixed).

I looked in my logs, and it did display the 1/4, 2/4 etc message.... Also confirmed it with my daughter, who is on the "Kill currupted mobs" point.

Maybe we are just lucky

So I did something very stupid. I managed to destroy my main quest augment. I finished the current section of the mainquest but didn't have my augment kit on me so for some reason I thought it'd be smart to hand the quest giver the item I had with the augment in it to see if it'd seperate them because of the destroy protection we have on the main quest augment. She handed me the item minus the augment but the augment isn't in my bank or inventory and the quest giver no longer replies to my hails. Character was Cypu.

So in short: I'm a moron.

If you've already tried relogging and that didn't bring the augment back, petition ingame and I'll see about getting your augment back to you.

Although one could have their logs on the lore questions are not repeated if needed when one LDs and hails them. This makes it frustrating to continue unless one have a good memory of the last question.

There is an issue with the Spectre of Corruption part. I'm not sure of teh cause, but I have ideas.

The fact is that I pulled 4 shades. I killed them all and got only 1 quest message. Maybe it was because my pet killed 3 of them, or because you need to pull one, kill it, pull another, kill it, and repeat.

Anyways I'll have to wait until I find some more unless a kind GM pops one for me (I had the help of a tracker and now I'm only missing 1).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom