Make Dalaya Great Again

Logging in to raids month after month with zero progress is awful.

Was always in favor of your tome token idea. I've known too many people burn out due to the simple fact that they played for months/years and couldn't get their last tomes.

Jyre vendor ftw though.

Unban everyone... call it SoD Redemption.. make a mass e-mail... and let them back on probation.. force them to do nawij's horrible athica faction quest

I played a few days last week after reading about the doom and gloom. I will probably play again in the near future. Server is frankly fine. Literally the only thing holding it back is the handicapped population. I say hit Grinkles' and Kedrin's ideas line by line to greatly improve quality of life things that are nonsensical in their current state, unnerf a few controversial items and mechanics, and then the population should scream upward at least for a time.

I'd also like to see tomes and related stances just removed entirely and those abilities/bonuses recoded as AAs. Also, I don't like that there are inventory slots going unused, let's expand gearsets by taking advantage of all the slots. This new client was supposed to expand features and streamline things, right?

SoD is still fun except for the part when it's kinda empty.

add back all the crazy AoE abilities to the game and I think a lot more people would play again, even if it was only to fuck around and do some EXP/plat grinding. BW gloves proccing Phoenix Flame, revert riposte nerf, add old ranger r2 as a taratzu spell or something. raid content would remain mostly uneffected, but grinding would be a lot faster and more enjoyable for people. It'd inspire people to make/gear alts if they didn't have to grind nearly as hard to get them caught up in tomes/charms, resulting in getting genuine new players caught up. Look at the last iteration of goon squad for example, you had a lot of old school players playing with new dudes because they wanted to make new alts.

Unban everyone... call it SoD Redemption.. make a mass e-mail... and let them back on probation..
There'd have to be some exceptions made for extreme cases, but I can mostly get behind this idea. I feel SoD in past years was too quick to ban people in cases where a jailing/suspension or other form of punishment would have been a better deterrent. The fact that some players used to rejoice in OOC when a player would get banned was not only petty and in poor taste, but it trivialized the severity of the punishment. A ban is an abrupt nullification of potentially thousands of hours of invested time — time that a player invested because they share our love for the game.

Maybe I'm a naive softy who's spooked easily, but I know some stern words from someone with a staff prefix in their name and an extended jailing would scare me straight and make me strive to return to the game as a better person when my punishment was lifted. On the other hand, a ban embitters the player and makes him turn his back on the server without ever looking back while also contributing the problem of server shrinkage. :(

Back
Top Bottom