Make Enchanters Great Again

Chanter/druid vim is good.

Good for what? Carrying a group/raid?

Chanter/warrior bloodlust/enrage is good.

Anything is good with an overpowered tank that does all the damage and doesn't require healing. I can duo t3 raid bosses with moraelin/blink, I can solo them with Moraelin, too.

In raids, I don't see how they're very boring or under-utilized. AOD/Boon/Bond keep you busy enough.

Pretty sure this statement speaks for itself.

Last edited:
Kaldon solos Elds frequently and pretty well compared to the dumpster fire you're exaggerating them to be.

WOWZER he solos a legacy zone that is designed for fresh 65s and has had all the drops nerfed? Is there any equal-geared class that can't solo it better?

So in a world where Enchanters don't actually have a good duo partner

Anything is good with an overpowered tank that does all the damage and doesn't require healing. I can duo t5 raid bosses with moraelin/blink, I can solo them with Moraelin, too.

This is dumb. Try playing a wizard and casting the same 2 spells on the same mob literally every time you enter combat.
Only interactions I've ever had with you on this game were beyond bitchy and negative so it's no shocker to me you're ripping apart a class you aren't maining.
You're really gonna get somewhere by making a rant thread rather than offer useful, in-depth suggestions on how to possibly make them better.

Just for the record: I do main my enchanter, and I actually like playing it. The fact that my only other toon worth mentioning isn't even tagged to the same guild should have given that away. Aishii also likes playing her enchanter. So your statement about noone wanting to play this class is incorrect.

Theres literally two of us.

But truth be told, any duo that doesn't have a toon with some tank ability and a healer will be vastly outparsed by a duo with such capabilitys, so being bad at duoing isn't reserved to ENCs by any means.

So... Necros Mages and Wizards? All the melees(and other support classes) have tank capability(and/or healing) and the rest are tanks or healers. The other 3 casters are godly at solo/duo.

If you think of many classes, soloing would be horrible.

I present to you:
"The solo paladin"

"The solo cleric"

"The solo warrior from level 1-65"

"The solo everything mostly versus summoming monsters"

If you think of many classes, soloing would be horrible.

I present to you:
"The solo paladin"

"The solo cleric"

"The solo warrior from level 1-65"

"The solo everything mostly versus summoming monsters"

The warrior that procs 3k+ pbaoes and doesn't require heals due to bloodlust, while being the tankiest character in the game. The paladin who can solo almost as good as SK. Or the Cleric who can pair with just about anything (rogue, monk, tank, caster) and do great.

P.S. the three classes you mentioned don't kite, or root rot, summoning monsters mean nothing to them. I would however say that Enchanter is the worst class for soloing a summoning monster. Close second would probably be rogue, but if you pair them with a cleric you're duoing raid trash so....

We've got one of the preeminent enchanter-lovers on staff, so hopefully something good will cook up. There must be some way to introduce more solo/duo feasibility without turning enchanter into the God of Raid. You shouldn't have to feel like your fully geared dude is fully useless without a fully packed group. I don't have any specific ideas, but I support fun as it relates to a return on investment.

My fully geared cleric is pretty garbage by himself. (Unless you enjoy suffering)

And dont say "Or the Cleric who can pair with just about anything " to counter the solo cleric.

Ive seen quaum/cleric kill more goblins at once than my SK/cleric could safely do in tears of elael.

Id recommend wearing raiment of the phoenix and vitalovia, plus some high AC gear for soloing. Make a melee enchanter. Break out of the cookie cutter mold.

Also, i wouldnt use two handed Bane because you would do dmg to yourself when solo nuking. Very bad.

My other idea is this.

Rune yourself.
Click elael's corona and remez instantly. (Corona so mez isnt on global cooldown)
(Rune so you dont take dmg for the 1 second its not mezed)

Then, re-rune yourself, then: elaels corona nuke, mez.

Repeat till dead

Last edited:
Mained Enchanter here. I solo and I duo Warrior / Chanter regularly and I enjoy the HELL out of the class. Enjoy it so much I have actually boxed two enchanters at once. I also group regularly and this thread is a blanket statement of unfounded and untrue ramblings.
In an age where SK can solo t5 raid boss, Enchanter has trouble soloing trash in fire grotto.

Please give a specific example of this T5 fight that a SK can solo. Also if a SK is soloing it, if you duo it with a chanter it dies TWICE as fast. AOD all of a SK's spells and watch mobs fall over.

How and where exactly are you trying to solo? Charm the first mob you see and then let them fight it out to see who wins? Are you rooting mobs, using your murk spell, using cliky's, utilizing mez and slow?

Orc forts is a cake to solo, its out doors and lots of room with several named pops.
Elds is easy to solo just have to be a bit careful.
Remnants is easy, and again open terrain.

If I am soloing I CAN and DO un-equip my bane! No where is it written that I have to wear. Some times using DD's out ways the benefits.

Even in exp groups I will equip an alternative weapon and rotate clickers when the pull is 3 to 4 mobs

Are there some tweaks that could be done to Enchanters to smooth a few of their rough spots? Yes the Illusion issue is annoying, but it does not break the class. The bigger issue IMO is that the tick duration on our SB AOD and BOON can be cut off by up to 12 seconds of duration because of the way ticks work on the server. It's the same issue druids face with hots.

Altering those spells to be a longer duration, but only cast able on one person at a time would be one solution. SB and BOON should also be going to your monks not only do you do more dps as the enchanter, but you are significantly increasing the monks dps as well.

If you are grouped with a beast and a Necro even better, AOD both and watch your dots tick for crazy numbers.

I am personally excited to see what the change to the 4.3 weapons will be. I hate wearing a stupid sword.

Kaldon

Back
Top Bottom