my 2pp

Do you Agree?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
troll9nd.jpg

Slippers1 you are so hot, and yet so ummm well yeah, I didnt say sign stand up for the war on Terror, I didnt say Stand up to fight against the war on terror, I simply say Stand for something! and dont just stand do SOMETHING if you are gonna bitch, you feel that signing up with the bush admin=death? start a petition, organize a march 50 of you will get CNN with the proper press announcements just DO some thing either way just be active!

I'm native so I certainly am not leaving. Fighting terrorism since 1492. Also I wouldnt go throwing around war statistics like they're candy in the Macy's day parade. All things considered, a good proportion of wars shouldn't have been started in the first place.

That's a mighty fine Troll, right there. Ayup, that's a keeper alright.

I really dont think that qualifies as trolling, that is not was intended people may have interpreted it as such for not reading it all the way through or keeping on open mindedness while reading it...

vistachiri, I'll start another thread sometime tonight that details why each one of those wars bettered the world.

EDIT: Thinkmeats an awnser to your post will be in there too

gaeelornie said:
I really dont think that qualifies as trolling, that is not was intended people may have interpreted it as such for not reading it all the way through or keeping on open mindedness while reading it...

Somehow I'm relieved that it's not up to you. If you're next thread is just another shitty attempt at trolling, you're not posting here again.

gaeelornie said:
vistachiri, I'll start another thread sometime tonight that details why each one of those wars bettered the world.

EDIT: Thinkmeats an awnser to your post will be in there too

and without much trying I could easily post an equal number of wars and atrocities committed in each, up to and including those that worsened the respective conditions in the world. Japanese internment camps for example. Though I'd probably take Liam's advice on this if I were you regardless of your pov on the whole issue, besides, could play devil's cup w/this issue all day and get nowhere.

Japanese internment camps have what to do with WW-II being unjustified in the U.S. entering? dear lord! WW-II was started cause we got sucker punched from the Japanese if you want to argue about a bad war why dont you try... hmmmm well there havent really been any unjustified wars try me with one, I'll counterpoint till I nod off tonight.

Not pointing out a reason for an unjust war in that one, simply an atrocity committed during one that shouldn't of happened on the US side. Read my previous post again. Though of course the Japanese were = nasty on the other side of that one of course. But that doesn't merit throwing japanese immigrants and japanese american citizens into prison camps.

Also a single reason does not a war make, the war of 1812 for example was not only fought for the reason of Impressment as typically thought, but also for more land, that of course did not belong to the US, or to britain for that matter, but also because the british were aiding my people with supplies (not for any humanitarian reasons mind you, but simply to harass the americans). The war hawks in congress wanted this stopped and also wanted to stop Native americans and run-away slaves from reaching the spanish controlled florida. There is of course still the somewhat decent reason of impressment and the british blockades and seizing tons of ships, but there's always skeletons in the closet (or undesirable and quite frankly wrong reasons) when it comes to war.

I love how people pick and choose while 'being patriotic.'

Freedom of Speech exists and is one of the things so many people have died for. Plain and simple.

Your OPINION that people should be proactive and change something rather than just complaining is still just your OPINION.

I don't LIKE that people gripe and complain and do nothing to solve the problems they are complaining about... but they have every right to remain here in the USA, to continue griping, and to pester/annoy you in general. You cannot pick and choose. The same document that gave us all our other freedoms, also says we need to put up with people expressing opinions (even if expressing is all they EVER do) that we don't agree with.

I dont think the bill of rights is in anyway connected to the constitution, though if people wanted to they could ammend those, we could take away lets just say Greenpeaces right to be able to have freedom of speach whatever they want to take away and give what ever freedoms they want, atrocities happen, duh its life, life sucks sometimes, want to talk about japanese interment camps those ppl's ancestor's attacked us, lets talk about my grandparents in Southeast alaska who were sent to similar internment camps because they LOOKED like they were japanese but do you know what? I get free healthcare and my kids and there kids will as well, so its no biggie shit happens, thats life thats history but the U.S. is the best country in the world <.> in my opinion and thats just the way it is, we bailed the world out 2x times and possible a 3rd with the Soviet Union, so Poo on you and some times life has to suck for the greater good

gaeelornie said:
I dont think the bill of rights is in anyway connected to the constitution,

You, my child, need to finish high school. Be sure to pay very close attention when they are talking about the Constitition and its integral Bill of Rights, without which the Constitution was not approved. I would think that if you loved this country as much as you claim to do, you would understand (or at least want to understand) its founding and history a little bit better.

To be honest, I think your ignorant and self-righteous at best. Your telling people to take a stand and what not, but if the stand they take isn't complementary to your own, you say leave the country. That is something president Bush would say which I'm probably sure you voted for him, noting your lack of wits. This country was built on the sole purpose to be able to express ones views without being ridiculed and persecuted like you so simply do. So the next time you feel like being the spokes person for our great and diverse country, try not to look like a total asshole and moron. (And I wondered why other countries hate us :sadf:).

nostradamus.jpg

Hostyle said:
And I wondered why other countries hate us :sadf:

The following picture sums up everything awesome about America;

eagleflag3qa.jpg

Even I find this inspiring, and I'm not American :p

Babs said:
Have you read the Constitution lately? You know, that document that all those brave men and women have died defending? Because if you are defending this country, you aren't just defending a piece of land, not just defending the people, but you are defending everything that this country stands for. And what this country stands for is delineated in the Constitution. So, perhaps you should go read that document, because I think somehow you've missed it in your education.

One of the hallmarks of this country is freedom of speech. This is a country "of the people, by the people, for the people." The government isn't just our elected officials. We are all the government, with a responsibility to be involved in what our country does, at home an overseas. It is not just a right, but a responsibility, to speak out when we believe our country is on the wrong track. The freedom to speak out when we think there is something wrong is one of the most important freedoms we have. To deny that is to deny the sacrifices that all our fighting men and women have made. My father was one of those men. He fought in Korea at the tender age of 17 and spent another 21 years in the Army after that. And you know what he believed in? While he abhored such actions as flag burning, he 100% supported peoples right to do so because that is what he spent a horrific year in Korea fighting for.

Yes, I 100% disagree with your stand. I completely respect your right to speak your mind, however much I might disagree with it. Because *that* is what America is all about.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Back
Top Bottom