NASSA - Negro American Space Society of Astronauts

Aytowun said:
is your mother proud you're a racist?

That comment is funny because I have an obscure swastika in my avatar, but solely because of that.

To clarify, your reply was both ignorant and stupid, but I understand and forgive. :]

YOU are calling ME ignorant and stupid?

u are the one posting about black people because you think its funny that a black person can be an astronaut

and im a german jew with holocaust survivors in my family, gee i wonder why a swastika would offend me...o well i guess im just ignorant and stupid then

Aytowun said:
YOU are calling ME ignorant and stupid?

u are the one posting about black people because you think its funny that a black person can be an astronaut

and im a german jew with holocaust survivors in my family, gee i wonder why a swastika would offend me...o well i guess im just ignorant and stupid then

Yeah, pretty much. Not being able to see an obvious joke is pretty stupid.

Aytowun said:
is your mother proud you're a racist?

i found this amusing.. in a thread just above this one ( http://shardsofdalaya.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8148 ) i clearly see a comic you made w/ a character seeming to be in a jail cell called 'Dago'
dwarfpb.jpg

and last i checked..

3 entries found for dago.
da·go also Da·go ( P ) Pronunciation Key (dg)
n. Offensive Slang pl. da·gos or da·goes
Used as a disparaging term for an Italian, Spaniard, or Portuguese.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Alteration of Spanish Diego, a given name, from Latin Iacbus, Jacob.]

[Download Now or Buy the Book]
Source: The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
Copyright © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

dago

n : offensive terms for a person of Italian descent [syn: wop, Guinea, greaseball]

Source: WordNet ® 2.0, © 2003 Princeton University

dago

DAGO: in Acronym Finder

Source: Acronym Finder, © 1988-2004 Mountain Data Systems

All the black people in that video that made it are racist and hate black people.

I hate over-sensitive @#$@s...

Aytowun said:

Cool down about it, sit back, took a deep breath and enjoy yourself. In fact you can love about nearly everything, even if it seems to be "a bit of racism"....always depends on the people and - forgive me - but spamms behaviour + Avatar makes it obvious that he is not serious about it *goes back and watches the movie*

That video's actually quite funny.

Did a great job of parrying the cliche "Black History Documentary"

well,

dago alredy offered to change his name but they didnt make him do it

regardless if the video is funny the thread is racist

reminds me of people who think they arent racist but the 1st thing they ask people when they meet them is trying to find out their ethnicity

OK THIS was my last port for real this time ... =p

peace

Because obviously curiosity as to someone's origins or roots is racism. I'm betting we have a differing opinion in this thread of what racism is.

You seem to think racism is a person making any acknowledgement of historical or current differences or percieved differences in races. You would be wrong if that is what you think.

From dictionary.com:

Code:
   1. The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.
   2. Discrimination or prejudice based on race.

Okay... so no one in the thread said "They're black and therefore can't be astronauts." No one in the thread said "Black people are lesser people." No one in the thread said "Black people are not allowed to post in this thread," or even "I hate black people." So come on, seriously... stop calling everything that MENTIONS race racism.

I'm white. Was that racist? White people drive cars. Was that racist? I mean seriously....

Is racism subjective? Sexually harrassment is!! What might offend one person of ethnicity my not offend another of the same ethnicity.

Im the actually owner of the toon Dago. His name and the actual racial meaning is purely coincidental and unintentional.

To clarify, his orignal name had been dagobah ( the name of my former druid on live for some years) which was flagged for change due to its obvious nameing violation. In a somewhat rush of lazyness I simply shorted it to Dago and continued on my merry way. Had I know it had an alternate meaning such as the above I would have spend a bit more time coming up with another.

I will be happy to change it, as it makes me feel somewhat uncomfortable running around knowing it means that even if the majority of the population doesnt have a clue.

Being Italian I am not clearly offended. YOU RACIST BASTARD!

HAHAHA JK! :lol:

I don't see a problem with the name either. *shrug* I have been reading the name Dago and pronouncing it Dah-Go, not Daye-Go. As for the video ... if it was meant to be seen as racism and not humorous I have a hard time believing those of ethnic nature would have agreed to be a part of it's making. Just my 2cp.

Lmao I remember that, was a few days ago when we took on the warden in lasanth, dago was stuck in the cell while we were medding up lol. To clarify I let him out :).

It's impossible to keep track of who finds what offensive, so I just gave up on it altogether.

Back
Top Bottom