New bane on items.

Lleoc

Dalayan Master
Currently I've noticed one thing about the bane items and that is the top tier items currently available have very little bane on them. Maybe this was intended but i don't know, just wanted to bring this to light seeing as it's new and maybe was just an oversight or will be fixed later in the next patch.

what you don't have your bag of undertiered resist gear and your bag of underteired bane gear? get with it man.

there was a really obvious/easy/systematic way to do this itemization,

look at the tier chart, and put 1-2 of each bane type on some melee oriented item for each teir progressing upwards. I am not sure why this didn't happen like this, it seems like it was all done sort of at random. lower teir items having higher bane than higher teir, none of certain bane types to be found etc. For some reason I just assumed this was how it would happen. it seems like the devs made it harder on themselves than they needed to.

Last edited:
Is anyone noticing a change in actual melee dps when wearing worn bane dmg? I think so far the answer is a resounding no or just isn't even noticeable. Has this been tested to work? Maybe the delay scaling was changed to make it less effective?

Edit: also this will forever be known as the "make everyone else feel how Rangers feel" patch by requiring melee DPS to carry around a bag full of swap bane dmg items.

Last edited:
I have done some really early parses of 4 different body types with and without bane dmg, no kicking, no combos and spell dmg not included.

I have only done 5 mobs of each either way but 40 mobs total and found no differences in parses, 8-11 bane dmg should make a big enough difference to be clear even from small parses i would think. have done young races in elds, clockworks reptiles and nature.

also silence parses better than bw gloves now.

will post all the parses when I get back from work, I assume things are still getting tuned/balanced/worked out so hopefully this will be helpful.

So with all these new basically lets call them focus effects for melees, Are we going to get a system where we can get back some items we have destroyed? I know i personally went thru my bags a few times in the last couple months to clear things out and make room, but now with this change i am already cringing at some of the items linked because i destroyed them because at the time they had 0 use to me. I know items being destroyed is logged so i'm basically asking the dev's to do the players a solid and implement a system where we can get destroyed items back, Maybe limit it to 10 items or something but its extra dishearting to think imma have to go back to T7 and loot and item i destroyed a year ago.

i think there is a pretty good chance that some other items will get bane dmg that dont currently have it. I wouldn't panic just yet.

i think there is a pretty good chance that some other items will get bane dmg that dont currently have it. I wouldn't panic just yet.

Yeah, this whole deal is a much larger amount of requisite effort than you probably realize. 175 items individually considered and with new bane damage added is a LOT LOT LOT of work. This is also a project that is also publicly stated as ongoing.

If there are some wide gaps or large oversights, it'd probably be well-received if you pointed those out in a polite and optimistic manner.

reptile/amphibian seems to be sparse atm. the highest is from a t11 mob, shroud of the ambitious from spires at 10. next is leech lord boots at 9, then you drop all the way to 6 with scrimshaw blowgun. those are the only 3 currently known, and it's an important bane since iksars are basically your main source of exp at 65+

also tarutao, am i correct in assuming that worn armor bane still doesnt affect bows for rangers?

look at the tier chart, and put 1-2 of each bane type on some melee oriented item for each teir progressing upwards. I am not sure why this didn't happen like this, it seems like it was all done sort of at random. lower teir items having higher bane than higher teir, none of certain bane types to be found etc. For some reason I just assumed this was how it would happen. it seems like the devs made it harder on themselves than they needed to.

You are using very, very limited knowledge and a very small sample size if you are coming to this conclusion.

I am looking at the spreadsheet right now, and only rarely are bane damages lower at higher tiers, and then they are only one damage away from their one tier higher counterparts.

In fact looking over the change I am having a hard time concluding you are not just trolling or being shitty on purpose. Want to give some examples?

Edit: I found a single item with bane higher than the rest of the items at its tier or the tier right above, and it is caster only and was put in for thematic reasons. That obviously does not count.

OK well I will bite, I don't have a whole list I only had my bags to look at when i made that post, but here are some examples I noticed early on.

gift of kaezul and stone of bilious hatred, both drop off of same mob, both have bane ancient, one is 9 the other is 11. ok maybe tanks are supposed to get better bane? but then why does jylith off of gongo have 11 dragonkin and the custo ear two teirs later have only 10?

Also like hellhound ring(teir9-10) has a bane 6 and enthanns mask from several teirs below is bane 8.

so there are 3 examples that I am aware of just with the gear myself and jraul happened to have to compare in guild chat this morning. But it feels really quickly like the tier of the fight was not taken into account when the bane amount was decided. And then also just the general complaint that there is not enough bane in the higher tiers. Lleoc and I logged into to having only two body types on the gear we wear. With ancient being on two pieces and dragon being on 1 and that was it. So is the idea that we are carrying around lower tier stuff in a bag to swap in? we have found maybe 1/3rd of the bane body types on the tier 12-13 gear with almost none being in tier 13 at least for melee who I am assuming were the main people supposed to get the change.

I am not trying to be shitty, I just am most of the time inadvertently.

But really I am not trying to be a dick about it, I like the changes, I think it's a cool idea I am just a little confused on some of the implementation.

Last edited:
None of my items have bane damage *pouty face*

In all seriousness, has it been considered to put bane damage on quest augs and/or charms?

I am looking at the spreadsheet right now, and only rarely are bane damages lower at higher tiers, and then they are only one damage away from their one tier higher counterparts.

What does your spreadsheet say about Vivisectionist's Clamps a BoE item from Kaesora with Bane DMG Humanoid Monster: 10?

These are the additions excluding about 25 non-dropped items, 15 augments/bounty items, and about 4 in the high tier that have yet to transfer over from old bane. Also excludes things that already had bane on them, like Idol of Manslaughter (around 10 items total), which had their bane increased to match their difficulty/tier.

Some few more things might be added to the end tiers besides that 4, but given the quality of items and the extremely small number of mobs in the "tier" as the wiki describes it, a lot of the highest current banes are going to be in Saitha and Tur Ruj.

Code:
Bane Type	    BANE DMG  	TIER

Humanoid Monster	5	4
Humanoid Monster	6	5
Humanoid Monster	6	6
Humanoid Monster	8	7
Humanoid Monster	7	7
Humanoid Monster	8	8
Humanoid Monster	8	8
Humanoid Monster	8	9
Humanoid Monster	9	9
Humanoid Monster	8	9
Humanoid Monster	10	10
Humanoid Monster	10	13

Ancient Races	4	3
Ancient Races	5	4
Ancient Races	4	4
Ancient Races	6	4
Ancient Races	5	5
Ancient Races	6	5
Ancient Races	7	6
Ancient Races	8	7
Ancient Races	7	7
Ancient Races	7	8
Ancient Races	7	8
Ancient Races	9	9
Ancient Races	9	9
Ancient Races	11	10
Ancient Races	10	11
Ancient Races	11	12
Ancient Races	11	12

Undead	4	2
Undead	5	3
Undead	4	3
Undead	6	3
Undead	5	4
Undead	6	5
Undead	6	5
Undead	5	5
Undead	7	6
Undead	7	6
Undead	6	8
Undead	9	9
Undead	8	9
Undead	11	10
Undead	10	12

Greatkin	3	2
Greatkin	3	3
Greatkin	5	3
Greatkin	3	3
Greatkin	5	3
Greatkin	6	6
Greatkin	7	6
Greatkin	7	7
Greatkin	8	8
Greatkin	11	10

Construct/Clock	4	2
Construct/Clock	7	6
Construct/Clock	8	7
Construct/Clock	7	8
Construct/Clock	8	8
Construct/Clock	10	9
Construct/Clock	9	9
Construct/Clock	10	10

Chaotic/Corrupted	4	3
Chaotic/Corrupted	6	4
Chaotic/Corrupted	5	4
Chaotic/Corrupted	5	5
Chaotic/Corrupted	6	6
Chaotic/Corrupted	6	6
Chaotic/Corrupted	7	6
Chaotic/Corrupted	7	7
Chaotic/Corrupted	8	7
Chaotic/Corrupted	8	8
Chaotic/Corrupted	9	9
Chaotic/Corrupted	11	12

Young Races	4	3
Young Races	4	3
Young Races	5	4
Young Races	5	4
Young Races	5	4
Young Races	5	5
Young Races	6	5
Young Races	7	7
Young Races	8	7
Young Races	8	8
Young Races	7	8
Young Races	8	8
Young Races	9	10

Reptiles/Amphib	5	4
Reptiles/Amphib	6	6
Reptiles/Amphib	8	8
Reptiles/Amphib	9	9
Reptiles/Amphib	10	11

Magical	4	2
Magical	4	3
Magical	4	4
Magical	5	5
Magical	5	5
Magical	5	5
Magical	6	6
Magical	6	6
Magical	10	7
Magical	8	8
Magical	9	9
Magical	9	9
Magical	7	9
Magical	10	10

Lesser Elemental	5	2
Lesser Elemental	4	3
Lesser Elemental	4	4
Lesser Elemental	6	5
Lesser Elemental	7	6
Lesser Elemental	7	7
Lesser Elemental	8	8
Lesser Elemental	9	9
Lesser Elemental	9	9
Lesser Elemental	10	10
Lesser Elemental	10	12

Nature	4	2
Nature	6	3
Nature	5	3
Nature	6	5
Nature	7	6
Nature	6	6
Nature	8	8
Nature	11	10
Nature	11	11

Insect/Arachnid	4	2
Insect/Arachnid	4	2
Insect/Arachnid	4	3
Insect/Arachnid	5	3
Insect/Arachnid	7	6
Insect/Arachnid	8	7
Insect/Arachnid	8	8

Monster	6	4
Monster	6	4
Monster	6	5
Monster	6	6
Monster	7	7
Monster	7	7
Monster	8	8
Monster	10	10
Monster	10	10

Planar Elemental	3	4
Planar Elemental	3	4
Planar Elemental	4	4
Planar Elemental	6	5
Planar Elemental	7	7
Planar Elemental	8	8
Planar Elemental	8	8
Planar Elemental	8	9
Planar Elemental	9	9
Planar Elemental	9	10
Planar Elemental	11	10

Dragonkin	5	4
Dragonkin	6	5
Dragonkin	7	7
Dragonkin	8	8
Dragonkin	11	10
Dragonkin	10	11
Tier is one factor in what got what and how much bane. Also taken into account was the quality of the item, difficulty of the mob, difficulty getting to the mob, how often that particular area was done, how thematically pleasing the bane was to the item and what sorts of mobs were being most killed in that specific "tier" of play.

Some banes may need to be fleshed out, but to say they were done completely arbitrarily and without progression is a bit insulting.

can we get some sort of confirmation that bane damage is not working currently? it's kind of important to know because if it is currently working as intended then this whole argument is silly and a waste of time

Woldaff there is some discrepancy between your chart and the items that I specifically listed,

I cannot find a place for most of them that matches your chart.

is it possible there is an error somewhere?

for example hellhound is listed on the wiki as teir 10 and it has bane nature 6, I am not finding a spot for that or something that could be that in your chart. Again I am not trying to be difficult.

and just to make sure I am understanding that when these are done there will be more than one "13" and five "12"'s on the chart?

Last edited:
to anyone wondering, woldaff said in-game that bane damage is currently working but it's "doing about half what it should right now"

Wanted to post about tot wepons. Ragecaller +5 Stoneculler +4 . Flamescar +4 but the apahty of an inferno (well arms) have +8 and graves of cold blooded valiance (high general porlith pofrost) also has +8. Im sure tot weapons are a bit higher tier and harder to get than thoose 2 tank items.

Bane damage on weapons was more powerful than on equipment. Im not sure if it still is, as the bane damage formulas appear to have been either broken or significantly decreased in power, maybe both.

Back
Top Bottom