New bane on items.

Raxton's list or something damn close is pretty much what needs to be done to actually let people wear on-tier gear but I doubt that's what will end up happening.

Raxton is pretty good list. I think at or around t11/12 almost every item should have some sort of bane damage on it. That would most allow for upgrades an not be stuck with item x of tier y is best because of the bane.

For reference, the only tier 13 item with bane on it right now is the helm from Sharn'ree which is primarily a tank item and can't even be worn by rogues, monks or beastlords. Then there are a total of 5 items from tier 12 with bane, two of which are Ancient Race but for some reason one is +9 and the other +11.

When you fomelo random characters in the tier 9-11 range, almost all of them have a significantly wider range of bane types than players who have progressed into the higher tiers. I'd say that's an obvious sign that the bane itemization is not sufficient as it stands.

I like that list also, but it could maybe use another clockwork/construct option and could use some dragonkin. As is, I can only think of the gongo range off the top of my head with dragon on it, and if you already have saitha range, nobody's gonna give you that one (unless you're dkp and make people that actually need the upgrade hate you, lol)

I like that list also, but it could maybe use another clockwork/construct option and could use some dragonkin. As is, I can only think of the gongo range off the top of my head with dragon on it, and if you already have saitha range, nobody's gonna give you that one (unless you're dkp and make people that actually need the upgrade hate you, lol)

Custo ear has dragonkin on it and almost every melee character who has killed custo for any length of time wears one. It's not tank usable though so another option might not be a bad idea.

Here are some recommendations to add bane damage to items to make it easier and save dev time. My encounter tiers dont match the wiki, as these are the Tiers I remember things being, and I didn’t relook them all up, many of them are now a Tier lower, but that’s pretty irrelevant.

Code:
ITEM 	   TIER	  BANE TYPE	 AMOUNT
Il-Ia, Wristguard of the Patriarch	    T11	 Chaotic	                      11
Darkened Galaxy-etched Bone	            T13	  Chaotic	                      12
Golem Battle Bands                            T11	Construct/Clockwork        10
Greaves of the Vindicators	            T10	Greatkin	                       10
Loop of the Tireless	                            T12	Greatkin                  	11
Dhuro Conceal of the Assassin	    T12	Humanoid Monster            	11
Epaulets of the Inexorable Dream      T9 6m	Insect	                        10
Fel'talla, Path of the Stars        	   T13    	  Insect	                12
Scorched-wind Band	                   T13	Lesser Elemental	     12
Latent Wisp of Fury	                        T12 6m	Magical	                      11
Contempt                                  	T10 6m	Monster	                     10
Gauntlets of Roiling Rancor                 T12 6m	Monster	                      11
Grace Sleeves of the Created             T11	Nature                           10
Dhathrael, Guise of the Guardian	    T12	Nature	                      11
Earthstomping Clogs	                    T12	Nature	                      11
Robes of Corruption                         T9 6m      Nature                      	11
The Matron's Grasp                         	T13	        Nature                12
Cycyl, Girdle of Perpetual Motion 	T13	Planar Elemental	             12
Headband of Carnage	                T11	Reptile/Amph	                     11
Scales of the Fallen                   	T13 6m	Reptile/Amph	             12
Voidstep                                   	T13 6m	    Reptile/Amph	    12
Remembrance, Wrappings of the Mother	  T12	   Undead	                   12
Remembrance, Blanket of the Mother	  T12   Undead	                   12
Remembrance, Shroud of the Mother	  T12	   Undead	                   12
Grace of Sympathy                                    T12 6m	Undead	          12
Gloves of Violent Paroxysms	                   T11	Young	          10
Nightwhisper	                                       T13 6m	Young	           12

This is a great post and implementing these changes would go a long way towards fixing the current endgame. I would also recommend Eclipse, Monstrous Wing, & Strength of Twisted Nature as bane candidates

These are the additions excluding about 25 non-dropped items, 15 augments/bounty items, and about 4 in the high tier that have yet to transfer over from old bane. Also excludes things that already had bane on them, like Idol of Manslaughter (around 10 items total), which had their bane increased to match their difficulty/tier.

Some few more things might be added to the end tiers besides that 4, but given the quality of items and the extremely small number of mobs in the "tier" as the wiki describes it, a lot of the highest current banes are going to be in Saitha and Tur Ruj.

Code:
Bane Type	    BANE DMG  	TIER

Humanoid Monster	5	4
Humanoid Monster	6	5
Humanoid Monster	6	6
Humanoid Monster	8	7
Humanoid Monster	7	7
Humanoid Monster	8	8
Humanoid Monster	8	8
Humanoid Monster	8	9
Humanoid Monster	9	9
Humanoid Monster	8	9
Humanoid Monster	10	10
Humanoid Monster	10	13

Ancient Races	4	3
Ancient Races	5	4
Ancient Races	4	4
Ancient Races	6	4
Ancient Races	5	5
Ancient Races	6	5
Ancient Races	7	6
Ancient Races	8	7
Ancient Races	7	7
Ancient Races	7	8
Ancient Races	7	8
Ancient Races	9	9
Ancient Races	9	9
Ancient Races	11	10
Ancient Races	10	11
Ancient Races	11	12
Ancient Races	11	12

Undead	4	2
Undead	5	3
Undead	4	3
Undead	6	3
Undead	5	4
Undead	6	5
Undead	6	5
Undead	5	5
Undead	7	6
Undead	7	6
Undead	6	8
Undead	9	9
Undead	8	9
Undead	11	10
Undead	10	12

Greatkin	3	2
Greatkin	3	3
Greatkin	5	3
Greatkin	3	3
Greatkin	5	3
Greatkin	6	6
Greatkin	7	6
Greatkin	7	7
Greatkin	8	8
Greatkin	11	10

Construct/Clock	4	2
Construct/Clock	7	6
Construct/Clock	8	7
Construct/Clock	7	8
Construct/Clock	8	8
Construct/Clock	10	9
Construct/Clock	9	9
Construct/Clock	10	10

Chaotic/Corrupted	4	3
Chaotic/Corrupted	6	4
Chaotic/Corrupted	5	4
Chaotic/Corrupted	5	5
Chaotic/Corrupted	6	6
Chaotic/Corrupted	6	6
Chaotic/Corrupted	7	6
Chaotic/Corrupted	7	7
Chaotic/Corrupted	8	7
Chaotic/Corrupted	8	8
Chaotic/Corrupted	9	9
Chaotic/Corrupted	11	12

Young Races	4	3
Young Races	4	3
Young Races	5	4
Young Races	5	4
Young Races	5	4
Young Races	5	5
Young Races	6	5
Young Races	7	7
Young Races	8	7
Young Races	8	8
Young Races	7	8
Young Races	8	8
Young Races	9	10

Reptiles/Amphib	5	4
Reptiles/Amphib	6	6
Reptiles/Amphib	8	8
Reptiles/Amphib	9	9
Reptiles/Amphib	10	11

Magical	4	2
Magical	4	3
Magical	4	4
Magical	5	5
Magical	5	5
Magical	5	5
Magical	6	6
Magical	6	6
Magical	10	7
Magical	8	8
Magical	9	9
Magical	9	9
Magical	7	9
Magical	10	10

Lesser Elemental	5	2
Lesser Elemental	4	3
Lesser Elemental	4	4
Lesser Elemental	6	5
Lesser Elemental	7	6
Lesser Elemental	7	7
Lesser Elemental	8	8
Lesser Elemental	9	9
Lesser Elemental	9	9
Lesser Elemental	10	10
Lesser Elemental	10	12

Nature	4	2
Nature	6	3
Nature	5	3
Nature	6	5
Nature	7	6
Nature	6	6
Nature	8	8
Nature	11	10
Nature	11	11

Insect/Arachnid	4	2
Insect/Arachnid	4	2
Insect/Arachnid	4	3
Insect/Arachnid	5	3
Insect/Arachnid	7	6
Insect/Arachnid	8	7
Insect/Arachnid	8	8

Monster	6	4
Monster	6	4
Monster	6	5
Monster	6	6
Monster	7	7
Monster	7	7
Monster	8	8
Monster	10	10
Monster	10	10

Planar Elemental	3	4
Planar Elemental	3	4
Planar Elemental	4	4
Planar Elemental	6	5
Planar Elemental	7	7
Planar Elemental	8	8
Planar Elemental	8	8
Planar Elemental	8	9
Planar Elemental	9	9
Planar Elemental	9	10
Planar Elemental	11	10

Dragonkin	5	4
Dragonkin	6	5
Dragonkin	7	7
Dragonkin	8	8
Dragonkin	11	10
Dragonkin	10	11
Tier is one factor in what got what and how much bane. Also taken into account was the quality of the item, difficulty of the mob, difficulty getting to the mob, how often that particular area was done, how thematically pleasing the bane was to the item and what sorts of mobs were being most killed in that specific "tier" of play.

Some banes may need to be fleshed out, but to say they were done completely arbitrarily and without progression is a bit insulting.

This post is over 2 months old. Since then, not only have none of the t13 items been given any bane at all, the previous items that used to have bane but then had it removed (Dhuro, 4.3 scales, etc) haven't even been updated in the new system.

Just because 90% of the players at the top tier quit is no reason to leave this unfinished. Someone with t10 gear should have a narrower/lower amount of bane compared to someone in t12/13 gear, and right now the opposite is the case. Raxton's list of suggestions is superb and reflects the fact that every other type of item modifier and focus in the game gets more prevalent as you move to higher tiers, and bane should be no different. Look at how many of the items in the tiers 9-11 range have bane, and then add more than that to tier 12 and 13 items.

I was in a pug a couple days ago and saw something pretty amazing.

Ceto is a tier 8ish paladin. He has as many bane damage items equipped as Bango, Lleoc and Kedrin (the three best geared characters for each of their classes on the entire server) combined. Of his 9 items, 7 different types are represented. Bango, Lleoc and Kedrin combined have 5 different body types.

The bane availability in the middle tiers should at the very least remain constant as you get higher, if not become even more common. Yet the reverse is true right now and it doesn't seem like anything is being done to address this.

From the patch notes on April 9:
A few things still need to be done, and will happen next patch. We will be removing all bounty augs and reimbursing with tokens so that they can buy a new one of their choice.

A few items that had bane damage prior to the patch still need to maneuvered over. If you have an item that used to have bane, hold tight for now.

Just curious whats going on with bane damage, As it stand monks and rogues are useless on all the T11+ 6man compared to any other class you could bring, This is bringing me down man.

Its been 2 months or more now and not a peep, are there still plans to finish this?

Also wondering. Mnk/rog are CWs two biggest tomed dps and are not pulling their weight enough to be useful on rohk/4.3.

you guys are getting close to inspiring me to coming back just to make an all melee group and kill rohk/4.3

it sucks though, but i mean who didnt see this coming from a MILE away? mobs were made humanoid and itemization was done the way it was done for a reason.

Back
Top Bottom