New spells discussion thread.

Level 66 just means it could be an AA. But who knows.

I thought about that, but it could also be a song/spell cast by a mob. I am not sure what AA I would want to give up for this one, unless a new client/more AA is coming with Ikisith, which has a probability of about 0% of actually happening. Probably just a typo, though.

The new bard song is level 66. Giving bards an undead song is a bit suspicious, but if Kunark is filled with undead, it may prove to be useful. As it is now, the two undead zones are Catacombs and HHK, and using relic and an AE dot is usually the better route. It would also make this song an exp. song only, which kind of makes me sad. I guess we will have to wait and see what types of mobs are in Kunark to see how useful this situational spell may be.

Going back to Lilt of Frenzy...

Even though this song is a pretty bad choice for bards to use while grouping (usually even soloing), could the haste be upped to make it more useful than using Blademaster, as BM already gives 60% haste?

Hmm I could agree here with the haste part, but how about lilt of frenzy... you know live up to it's name...

Self based increase STR by 40, AC by 30, DEX by 50, Attack by 90, 75% haste and add proc:Frenzy attack(Triple attack chance) for 18 seconds, 3 second cast.

Better idea:

Increase STR by 40, AC by 30, DEX by 50, Attack by 90 and 20% haste(Bard overhaste (For stacking issues)), and Added proc: Frenzy attack(Triple attack chance) for 18 seconds duration, 45 second recast, 200 mana cost. Targetable

Last edited:
Having it give stats, ac, attack, DS, and overhaste with a chance at a proc (of whatever kind) would make it a really good self buff that would help with either soloing, or in raids when you have more than 1 bard. Honestly, the self buff would have to be pretty insane to compete with affecting an entire raid or group. Especially since bard melee dps is so low compared to other classes from the same tier.

Regasin has a good idea, but I am not sure if I like the idea of it being targetable for the fact that bards would lose a ton of dps from casting this on others, and because I do not want to become an echanter2.0. Lilt needs some work, and it may turn out to be a nice song, with a few tweaks. But I still hold to my idea that self only bard songs is a little out of the scope of what a bard should be doing (this is also coming from a bard who soloed and still solos a TON).

What about...

Group only increase all stats by 45, Attack by 80 and 36% overhaste and spell haste, add proc: Sonic Strike (140 DD) for 18 seconds 970 mana cost, 1 second cast.

I'd like to throw out a bard song idea I had, obviously I'd like some more experienced players to weigh in on it. I know bards are pretty full up on beneficial songs but hear me out.

Reverberations of Rage
Beneficial Group - Proc
Small single target DD plus minor +Hate (50DD +75 Hate? Who knows)

The hook being that instead of your standard weapon proc, if possible this would be an on-hit proc, akin to a BP effect. I could be wrong but I feel like this could amongst other things help out non-paladins when it comes to maintaining aggro on multiple mobs without being overpowered. I feel the benefit is further offset and the balance reinforced by the risk of it proccing when the wrong group member is hit (ie: a caster).

The new HP buff looks cool for SK's, as does the 200 percent aggro spell. However, I'd like to see a couple of the 64 level spells fixed imo.

Spear of Agony - needs to be either upped in damage or have the recast time reduced dramatically. Deflux, also a level 64 spell, is a much better alternative as it does close to as much damage, yet heals you as well. With AA's the heals are much as the damage is on the spear of agony spell. Not only that, it's instant recast. So no real point in ever having spear of agony up on spell bar.

Devouring Darkness - needs to be fixed. It's a great spell when it lands. But for some reason it hardly ever lands. I've given up trying to use it. It needs some sort of resist modifier.

Druid
Shape of the Wild: Self based Wolf Illusion, 78% movement speed increase, 5 FT, Ultravision, see invis, 100 Attack, Spell crit chance, 300 mana cost, lasts 144 minutes.

me gusta! and make it not outdoors only, after all animals CAN live in zoos and in my closet

I have just stumbled on this thread (forgot about it) and I have to say a few things about the bard songs:

I totally agree with felyn that all this planned new songs dont really impress.

#1. Bards do kite when soloing, and we have 100s of melee buff songs already that even work group/raidwide, so we really dont need another- and certainly not a self only one.

#2. I hope this rune song/buff is meant as 2 component spell/song where the buff stays on still after the rune was knocked off - else it would just be a rune. (what does hp buff help if it is not?)
Other than that I dont really know what to say about this, would have to see it in action to say anything about the actual usefulness of this. It could be good, but it could also prove not much useful (depending on mana cost/buff duration).

#3. Although I suggested a charm-upgrade for bards before, these ultra short charms dont seem to be very useful - I never even saw chanters use theirs EVER before. So please either change duration to a normal charm (while lowering the max charm level maybe) or just screw this idea. If its really meant as a CC or smth then I would rather have a new ae mezz or some kind of high level mezz than a ulta-short charm ... bard charms alrdy are damn short.

#4. Generally. what Felyn already said before: We got lots of beneficial songs, but way too few detrimentals. I dont really know what it could be but my ideas are (just throwin in ideas i had - didnt completely think them all through the end):

- Melee debuff song
- new Resist debuff song (possibly for magic/poison/disease - the opposite of occlusion of sound)
- Improved mana-drain song (the current ones are bad imo, altough i never use them in pve anyway, I once tried it in a testduel on a chanter i boxed and the current songs drained almost no mana)
- BIG/pure nuke song (without stun/aggro component)
- long term stun (btw... wtb shout of agony for bards!!!)
- PBAE Nuke
- Aggro song (+ damage or debuff)
- new single target Fear song which doesnt make the mobs run like hell aka /w snare component or smth (with recast maybe so it doesnt get op)
- new PBAE Fear
- prismatic chant or "multi" chant which does multiple damage components based on different resists
- memwipe/escape type song
- (ae) single-cast root song (not pulsing and with recast, unless single target only)

-----

These ideas are just meant as inspirations so dont take them too serious - but really - mainly detrimentals is probably the right to go.

Havent slept today but I wanted to reply before i forget it again. I hope this post is not too chaotic =)

Myrah

Last edited:
didnt wanna mess up my other post too much so sorry for double post....

BUT whats important to realise about us bards is that our current songs are real good already (with a few exceptions.. song of mindflayer, etc...) - so we definatly don't need any new kinds of what we already have (new haste song, new solo song etc...)

Instead the new songs should be something different to what we already have in some form (except a new charm maybe, but not a homo short duration one). The rune buff thing seems to be a step in the right direction, and of the suggestions it seems to be the only one that is actually useful. Need more "new" ideas like these please.

I see all the necromancer spells, and even though I really don't like them, I don't think anything I say will change anybodies mind.

And, sense they are all relic/archaic, I'll never see them, so who cares lol.

I see all the necromancer spells, and even though I really don't like them, I don't think anything I say will change anybodies mind.

And, sense they are all relic/archaic, I'll never see them, so who cares lol.

Since this thread will likely be closed down soon (we'll be throwing up official threads in the Ikisith forum now, on a class by class basis), I'd like to take a time out and comment on this post. Also its a slow work day.

This is a prime example of a useless post.

It was clearly meant as a sort of sarcastic commentary, but I feel it falls flat for numerous reasons, which I shall Tarntino for no discernible reason.

1)
I don't think anything I say will change anybodies mind.
Self depreciation. This isn't gaining you any sympathy, and is fairly unneccesary.

2)
even though I really don't like them
Here we have something close to feedback. But it doesn't actually go anywhere. He's unhappy with the spells, buy why...

3)
sense they are all relic/archaic, I'll never see them
Ignoring the obvious issues with this one, lets look deeper. We find an actual complaint lodged somewhere in here. He's worried that the spells will only cater to the raid game!

This post could be better writen as such.

After seeing all the Necromancer spells, I don't really like them. I doubt I'll change any minds with this but...

My major gripe is the names seem to indicate that they will follow the relic/archaic model, and thus I will never see them.

The follow up would then be some alternatives to your proposed problem. Perhaps a question asking if you could be told where they would be attained from, and then a suggestion on alternative means of acquisition for those who don't raid regularly, or don't like random fragment drops.

But all of this is fairly moot as, like the post infers, staff doesn't actually read the forums anyway.

In regards to the proposed paladin spells I have a few issues...

1. Descending Judgement: I really do not see how this spell can function. It is a cool idea for grabbing agro on two mobs but what happens when you get agro and they run over and you start stunning yourself? Maybe the point is you are supposed to eat your own rain so that its not too overpowered? I think a better alternative would be a targeted AE that lands a dot on the target and next nearest mob with the same dmg/stun effect. I do like the targetted nature though as right now all pally AE means you have to run over to the mobs to pull them off more than one at a time.

2. Protective Lustration: This one seems cool basically a more powerful ghot with a little spell shield I can see this being very useful even with the super high mana cost.

3. Zealous Might: This spell, at the moment and I understand these are not at all finished, is a cool idea poor execution in my mind. That is if the idea is "lets make paladins have an option to do more dps at the cost of tanking ability". Giving paladins this option is great for raids because there are many time where they are just aux tanking and they can take that 70% agro reduction (if you read the parser correctly). Now 70% agro reduction is huge but I think the benefits need to be upped a lot more to make up for it especially since paladins are not doing huge dps to start with. Unless the overhaste is going to be like 20%+ I dont know why a pally would bother using this over yaulp 3 that can be kept up forever and actually gives tanking benefits should the maintank drop. Lastly the cease proc should really be changed to either a stun and damage, like Tishan's Discord, or just straight up damage because at higher levels cease does nothing but generate agro and what is the point of that if the spell is supposed to make you a better dps? And yes I know cease interupts spells, but only on mobs up to a certain level like 60? 55? So that aspect is largely useless at the endgame and certainly on raids. So, unless this spell has huge overhaste (which the parser wont tell us about) I think it needs to be changed into more than just a lackluster yaulp upgrade at forty times the mana cost :psyduck:

Back
Top Bottom