Pact of Fire (worn)

taosanterior

Dalayan Elder
I was wondering how this stacks with other mana buffs and flowing thought. I know the spell when cast won't stack with JB but didn't know if the worn effect was different. I tried taking it on and off and I see my fire resist change but didn't see any difference in mana regen per tick, but I was full buffed and also am at the FT cap. Though the item doesn't seem to affect the fomelo FT number anyways. The item in question is Igneous Cummerbund

Pact of fire gives you spell-based mana regen, same kind of thing as JB or the vastly cooler lich spells that those necromancers get. Except lich also gives them +100 look cool points. Neither spell based mana regen nor look cool points show up on fomelo.

Anyways, pact of fire is something like lose 5hp for 3mana per tick (iirc), while JB is something like +450 base mana and 18mana per tick.

For spell/effect/stacking questions, http://spells.shardsofdalaya.com is always a great place to look.

Yea it's terrible to get a 7% fire focus off a tier 9 mob. And if it's anything like the old gloom shroud the effect doesnt work. but that should be easy to see by /cm stats and seeing how much mana per tick you gian.

Well, given that Int casters get a 7% fire off of the mini in the same wing which is at least a tier or 2 below the wing boss, and fire focus does next to nothing for healers, yeah it is terrible. So, presumably the draw of the item is supposed to be the worn effect, which if it doesn't work, makes the belt basically unusable without a stat buff. Belt from the mini is undertier stats but above tier focus. Belt from wing boss is undertier stats, and on tier focus.

The mana regen portion of Lich-like spells such as Pact of Fire or Dark Pact is not applied when used as a worn effect. I'll mention it to the dev who made the item because it may have simply been an oversight while trying to add a flavorful spell effect to it.

The Pact of Fire buff is essentially a "oh crap I don't have JB, this is better than nothing". Intended.
The Pact of Fire worn does nothing.

The point isn't to get a Pact of fire effect, the point is to make http://wiki.shardsofdalaya.com/index.php/Igneous_Cummerbund not suck just in case the overall point of the thread was missed.
Best fire focus in game, negative aggression, and pretty solid stats, all from a pretty easy tier 10 fight? Saying this item "sucks" is kind of harsh, in my opinion. Not seeing how it's weaker than what is to be expected from a t10 fight.

Best fire focus in game, negative aggression, and pretty solid stats, all from a pretty easy tier 10 fight? Saying this item "sucks" is kind of harsh, in my opinion. Not seeing how it's weaker than what is to be expected from a t10 fight.
Because the mini from the same wing drops a better belt... Because it was obviously designed to have some FT but it was never implemented. That's all.

There are quite a few squishy belts in the same tier range. They each have their stand out points in terms of focus effects or other stats, this one just falls short due to the way pact of fire works.

Because the mini from the same wing drops a better belt... Because it was obviously designed to have some FT but it was never implemented. That's all.
harder monsters dont always have to drop upgrades or useful loot dude.....

Third post of this thread already explains why Igneous Cummerbund sucks. I had hoped that they would put FT on the item since it seems it was clearly intended to have it, and that would pretty much balance it out perfectly. And as far as I know nothing ever changed even though Jumbers said they would look at it.

harder monsters dont always have to drop upgrades or useful loot dude.....
Heh, that's irrelevant to this discussion. This is not a balancing discussion. Was just hoping to see if the GM feedback that happened ever turned into a fix. That is all.

Back
Top Bottom