Paladin agro (yes everyone knows it's horrible)

interesting post, I'm a little curious about flame of light. it's just a 125 DD + 250 hate, so I'm curious how it seems to be performing better than stuns. but if it's that good, it should probably be a part of a paladin's rotation.

also with regards to low level mobs, I know blind aggro used to be based on mob's health, but I thought that was removed years ago. your test seems to indicate it hasn't, or at least there's definitely some factor involved there.

I'm looking forward to test this out as a box. Doubt I can get into a serious group/raid to try but duoing somewhere while DPS'ing the hell out of mobs should work.

I like the way this seems to be going! Put effort in, get result out.

interesting post, I'm a little curious about flame of light. it's just a 125 DD + 250 hate, so I'm curious how it seems to be performing better than stuns. but if it's that good, it should probably be a part of a paladin's rotation.

also with regards to low level mobs, I know blind aggro used to be based on mob's health, but I thought that was removed years ago. your test seems to indicate it hasn't, or at least there's definitely some factor involved there.

I was also shocked that Flame of Light preformed so well. I am wondering if the 'unresistible' flag has some significant agro attached to it that isn't showing up on the spell parser as raw agro. (That said, I don't know the hate numbers behind the scenes for stun/slow/cripple/blind.)

Regarding the low HP mobs, it wasn't just blind, it was stun that couldn't agro either!

Maybe the changes last night make my test results no longer accurate. I'll run another set of tests in the next couple of days.

I am wondering if the 'unresistible' flag has some significant agro attached to it that isn't showing up on the spell parser as raw agro.

that is an interesting point actually. there is a weapon that procs a 1500 damage unresistable proc, and back when it used to have a relevant proc rate, it produced a huge amount of aggro for the amount of dps it did. at like 700 dps i would be pulling aggro off tanks, but all of the damage was from unresistable procs (divine rage + weapon proc) and I thought maybe the unresistable part adds additional aggro. it is clear that damage from different sources equates to different amounts of aggro, so i'd say it's definitely a possibility.

That was the same conclusion that monks came to RE: DPS combo aggro. Massive Kick is a 1000 unresistable nuke that generates substantially more aggro than other 1k nukes according to my tests.

That was the same conclusion that monks came to RE: DPS combo aggro. Massive Kick is a 1000 unresistable nuke that generates substantially more aggro than other 1k nukes according to my tests.

Yeah, I see that when boxing Gegen too. I didn't realize how large the agro from a unresistible DD was until the tests with Flame of Light. It was fairly shocking, especially considering how many people have been posting how Flame of Light is 'worthless'.

I was also REALLY shocked at how little agro 2 hand bash does. I haven't parsed the DPS of 2 hand bash, but I'm thinking it isn't worth using unless trying to disrupt mob casting. Not that anyone should be tanking with a 2hs during raids, but I aways do during xping/farming. I am wondering if this agro disparity between 2 hand bash, and bashing with a shield is intended.

I goofed around a little bit with Sauga and Luas and noticed that a) Sauga's aggro is far higher then I awalys thought or b) Luas actual aggro output through DPS + Mana Drain is considerably lower then what I thought.

I pulled scourged treants in WPL with Sauga using single blind or dispell to snap it. On incoming Luas sat next to Sauga who engaged in melee, before I strated DPS'ing with Luas. From that on I only used Divine Stun AA which is sad to be 0 aggro and Etheral Cleansing (which had aggro removed like 6-7 years ago, no clue if it was put back) and hit the mob with 2hander.

IIRC Sauga is buffed with SSS, combine clickies and I used Yaulp.

Luas used Caress of Sivyana, Hand of Kaezul, Marlow's Cremation and Mind Wrack. Didn't pull aggro once. Unfortunately I don't have any chance to parse this a bit to figure out actual numbers but it feels as if basic aggro is pretty stable. I'll try the same using shield + 1hander tomorrow morning to see if this changes something.

Back
Top Bottom