Policy Questions Thread

"Tower of Tarhyl - First 2 tribes are claimed together. All others are by wing (Eternal Well is a part of the Farhag wing)."

Out of curiosity, does this refer to their being two seperate things in the lobby to kill, or does it mean lobby and djar are the same claim? sorry for the dumb question.

Andddd another question.

I am being told that it is not legal to buff up people in a non raid zone before raiding by using chars that won't be going to said raid zone.

I do not believe this statement is true. If it is, I would like some clarification. Largely, I play a monk, and suck at it. To not hinder the raid, I SB buff the living hell out of myself when possible so that when I die, I don't need certain rebuffs.

Am I breaking the law? Should I go directly to jail?

You can get any buffs you like (and any items, I'm looking at you, Peridots!) outside of raid zones and then enter raid zones without breaking any rules.

Have a 19th toon follow your raid around to rez/buff/summon stuff and it is go directly to jail time.

You can get any buffs you like (and any items, I'm looking at you, Peridots!) outside of raid zones and then enter raid zones without breaking any rules.

Have a 19th toon follow your raid around to rez/buff/summon stuff and it is go directly to jail time.

This is what i thought was the case. Thank you.

In thaz, can we have 18 in a wing and a 19th guildie in no way directly associated with the raid, outside the wing checking on the deacon's health?

In thaz, can we have 18 in a wing and a 19th guildie in no way directly associated with the raid, outside the wing checking on the deacon's health?

I believe the following quote answers the question.

You may have only 18 characters actively benefiting a raid at any time.

You may have more than 18 people in the zone ONLY IF they are coming to replace someone that is leaving, and the above rule still applies.

Raid leaders and guild officers this is your responsibility to manage, so it will be you that is punished if this policy is broken.

Emphasis is mine. Considering the deacon knowledge is an active benefit for your raid in said wing (i.e. you rush or don't rush based on the %), I would assume that 19th is in violation of the spirit of the 18 character limit for the wing.

Just my 2cp (as I am not on the staff).

Considering the deacon knowledge is an active benefit for your raid in said wing (i.e. you rush or don't rush based on the %), I would assume that 19th is in violation of the spirit of the 18 character limit for the wing.

Just my 2cp (as I am not on the staff).
I'm on staff, and I can confirm that Breigons interpretation of the rules is correct here.

Question regarding simple maps. Okay, so it's a no brainer that if the digger is let's say level 35, no one above level 39 can go. But what about lower? If the level 35 digger has level 28-29 friends who want to go. Or if a level 59 digger wants to take a level 49 friend, etc. Obviously (I'm assuming) the level of the chest would prevent people from taking anyone over 15 levels lower, but is there a ruling on how much lower you can be from the level of the map?

A couple yclist questions:
1) Once you've cleared the entry trash, is it allowed to illusion/shrink and go through the 1st gate without the key?
2) Is it allowed to skip Enchanter Apprentice Klikil to go to Fer'din? From the below policy quote, it's not obviously intended but I wanted some clarification from a higher up.
Content skipping-
Explicitly skipping mobs that are obviously intended to be part of the clear to an encounter...

1) Once you've cleared the entry trash, is it allowed to illusion/shrink and go through the 1st gate without the key?
2) Is it allowed to skip Enchanter Apprentice Klikil to go to Fer'din? From the below policy quote, it's not obviously intended but I wanted some clarification from a higher up.

1) No. But if you could find another way to get around a locked door, one that doesn't involve shrinking or illusions...

2) If you can get past him without training him away or some such, sure, I guess...

spoiler alert, you can swim from the entrance to right by yksils room. hell, you can even jump up to klikil from near there. and it's very easy to get around klikil to get to ferdin.. like... you dont even need to go anywhere near him...

As a Gnome you can literally walk through the 1st gate in Yclist. No illusions or shrinks necessary. Obviously, not having the key I just let Jarh officially open the gate, but yeah. Should really just say either swim around or open it with the appropriate key.

Question about "suicide buffing" aka Suiciding your character to receive a SB buff and then rezzing that char in a 6man/raid setting. There's a few variations that I was looking for confirmation since I don't see it explicitly.

1) In a 6-man/raid setting: suiciding a char in the group/raid, receiving a SB buff and then getting rezzed while having a full group/raid.
2) In a 6-man/raid setting: suiciding a char in the group/raid, receiving a SB buff and then getting rezzed while NOT having a full group/raid.

Obviously you can suicide buff before a 6-man/raid setting or whenever, just curious what the ruling is for the 2 exact situations above.

Why doesnt sod recognize camps yet? Isnt this the same thing as anti douchbaggery ?

That's why we don't need to make a rule for camps. We expect players to respect each other.

Player Conduct
Show proper conduct in dealing with other players. Deliberate training, killstealing, griefing, excessive vulgarity or otherwise being a prick to other players will result in severe repercussions to yourself. We try to maintain a friendly attitude and expect players to show respect to one another.

The Decency Policies
We strive very hard in Shards of Dalaya to keep the game full of players who are respectful to each other. These are policies that are used by the staff as a way to mitigate discourteous or disrespectful actions without adding unwieldy legalese that would have repercussions beyond our intent. Petitions for these policies will normally be discussed by staff online on a case by case basis. Basically do not be shitty to each other and you will not have a problem - but multiple cases of these sorts of instances will get you serious jailtime.

• We are fine with the spirit of competition. If you are racing someone else for a mob every once in a while that's fine. If you go out of your way to steal named at every opportunity using any means possible you will find yourself in jail.
  • Using higher level characters than the area is designed for to monopolize an unreasonable amount of mobs for the size of your group when there are others looking to hunt in the same area (for instance, a powerlevelling player pulling every mob in an area when there is also a group hunting there, or a player clearing every single mob in BB for faction while people are trying to EXP there)
  • Try to show general courtesy to players when hunting in the same zone. Excessive leapfrogging, pulling a named after another group kills its placeholder multiple times etc are all fun and games until it's done to you, and it promotes an infected atmosphere between players.
  • Engaging players in pvp by rezzing a player's corpse just to kill them again is considered griefing. PvP interactions are still social interactions, and a level of decorum is expected even when taking 4 characters to gang up on and kill a PvP flagged character during his/her raid.
In short, try not to be a jerk. When in doubt, communicating politely with the other players involved is a good start.

These are why we don't need to recognize "Camps". We handle each petition on a case to case basis regarding KS'ing. If it's one trash mob then your most likely answer is going to be get over it. There are many aspects that go into the decision of how to respond to these petitions that will decide the punishment. As stated if you continually KS from people you don't like or rival guilds then yes expect punishment. Don't log in if your intent is to make someone else's game play un-enjoyable. Some-time's Groups/person come in contact with another unintentionally. Maybe one decides to move to another place in zone and all of a sudden find out another group is there and you didn't see them zone in. It happens. Maybe you did a /who before you buffed and went to a zone and found out someone got there before you. It happens. Each situation is regarded as unique and will be handled by the GM answering the petition. It will be discussed among other GM's. The punishments will be decided by the GM's on a case to case basis on the severity of the situation.

In short. Respect other players in the game. It's not hard to be polite and send someone a tell and say "Hey, we are hunting here in elites (or whatever place) and have a rotation set up mind finding a different area?" Everybody wants to have fun, and it's not to much to /shout "Camp Check?". These are people you probably play the game with everyday. And at a high tier generally it's never a problem because it's a waste of time to go into someone's area and kill mob's close to another group. It's not beneficial to anybody and generally why it isn't done and why we don't have to make a "camp" rule. Simply because what you are petitioning about will fall under these rules and handled accordingly under these rules.

And finally.

Ignorance of Rules
Willfully refusing to read the rules and policies of Shards of Dalaya is not an excuse, and you will be punished for any rule breaches regardless of ignorance.

So basically. No. We are NOT going to recognize "Camps". But we do expect a common level of decency among players.

Back
Top Bottom