QOL: Handmade Backpacks

Haenir

Dalayan Master
Problem: Currently it is impossible to sell Handmade Backpacks via listsold (since they are a bag). Next to augs this is probably the item almost any player would buy but is made less commonly because you need to coordinate transfer of bags.

Suggestion: change the recipe to produce a "Packaged Backpack" with clicky effect that produces the actual Handmade Backpack.

Please do this. Unless I'm missing something, it would involve nothing more than three small additions to the database:
  1. One new item.
  2. One new spell for the clicky (presumably a new copypasta of Produce).
  3. One alteration to one Tailoring combine.
I'd love to see the market for these return. With how much clutter players are expected to lug around (such as an entire bag worth of gate necks because reasons :mad:), this seems a small mercy to ask for.

Partly for reference and partly out of bitterness over the totally unnecessary and totally unannounced WR bag nerf of September 2012 (compare the old Worn-Out Sewing Kit to the current version), EverQuest Live's modern client supports 32-slot, 100% WR player-made bags! On top of that, they also have two additional base inventory slots, which means the player can carry up to 10 bags instead of our 8! I admit judging SoD by Live standards is unfair, and client limitations are still woefully real here. But the comparison shows how user-unfriendly container management is for Dalayans. :(

Back
Top Bottom