Quality of Life [List of unoriginal ideas]

2) Combine Companion Health and Companion Strength into one effect
YES! "Companion Power" would alleviate the lack of high end CS / CH focus items.

3) Do *something* about the combine BP and Legs Buff
  • These two buffs should have a much longer duration.
  • There should be a quest for an item that combines these two buffs into one
Agreed - These items are very good, also time consuming to acquire. It is reasonable for the buff duration to be increased.
Another lengthy quest enabling the combination of the buffs into one would be fantastic, especially considering that the 15 buff slot limit will still be with us in 2.5. (afaik)

Solid suggestions, none of which would be overpowering or skew balancing. Freeing up one or two buff slots would be situational at best anyway in the raid scene (how often are 4 of the 15 buffs shm stats + combines)

-Pazms

any and every single fight that mattered i have summoned a pet. if you did not see a pet its because the fight was garbage or because you were grouped with a bad shaman. The only thing that the shaman pet needs in my opinion is something that is talked about in kedrins post (make pet focus' not suck)
I also don't think it needs to proc AEs...
I'd like to see a bit of a DPS increase on the pet (i'm at comp str 5 and it is pretty weak), or an HP buff (I don't have comp health though...) Currently, my pet explodes in xp content if it takes any hits... it would be nice to see a relic pet that wasn't so squishy (but can't tank...)

Not being one of the major pet classes I don't believe that our pet should be a relic. I do however think that it should have been a runic 2 or something better than whats there now.
I kind of agree with that, though that is kind of far along in progression from when the pet starts to have survival issues.

List of things I would like to see happen:

1) Remove regents from spells/buffs that can simply be summoned.
  • Basically any spell that requires a Peridot should just not have a regent. There is simply no reason for the time loss of logging into a mage to summon dots just to cast R:Aego or any other buff on this list:
    • Spell: Aegolism
    • Spell: Blessing of Aegolism
    • Spell: Relic: Gift of Aegolism
    • Spell: Celestial Shield
    • Spell: Diamondskin
    • Spell: Dilated Shelter
    • Spell: Manaskin
    • Spell: Marzin's Mark
    • Spell: Relic: Runecloak
    • Spell: Rune IV
    • Spell: Rune V
    • Spell: Rune VI
    • Spell: Savagery
    • Spell: Sorcerer Familiar
    • Spell: Spellshield
    • Spell: Spellskin
    • Spell: Symbol of Marzin
    • Spell: Symbol of Naltron
  • The only thing this could possibly change, other than an overall time saver, is enchanters using Rune more often at the lower end of the game. I personally do not see this as a negative. It would give fresh 65 or pre-65’s enchanters more to do in groups.
2) Combine Companion Health and Companion Strength into one effect
  • Companion health was changed from an effect that only had to be swapped in when zoning or summoning a pet into something you had to have on at all times. I feel this was a good change however changes that should have followed never happen.
  • Companion Health desperately needs to be on more items
    • Beastlords are forced into using one of two items
      • Mask of Multiplicity (T10)
      • Chestwraps of Furious Rage (T10)
    • Mages have it even worst
      • Adamant Construct Bindings (T9) wtf…
      • Mask of Multiplicity (T10)
  • Companion Health needs to scale much better then it currently does
    • There is no reason why companion health should be a simply linear increase of the pets base hp
    • My ranger bird pet gets 164 more hp from CH7 to CH8 and wearing a CH8 item as a ranger is almost impossible
  • Only two classes truly benefit from Companion Strength (Mages and Beastlords). It can be argued that necros should also be on this list however I would much rather see them use their Relic pet more once it is finalized. The mana problems shouldn’t be that hard to fix.
  • Combining these two effects would help itemizing for pet classes a great deal without granting them much power. This would also help future itemization for pet classes.
3) Do *something* about the combine BP and Legs Buff
  • These two buffs should have a much longer duration.
    • The only negative to making these buffs last forever would be classes with SB would have a one up over classes that do not.
  • There should be a quest for an item that combines these two buffs into one
  • There should be a quest that just turns these buffs into augs that go into your charm
    • I am sure they could find out a way for the 50 atk buff to work
4) Combine Spell: Relic: Essence of the Wild and Spell: Relic: Essence of Tarhansar into one spell
  • I don’t even feel this one needs a reason. Why hasn’t this happen yet?
  • You could replace the open Relic with a new wolf pet
    • The current “best” Shaman wolf pet already has problems due to its low level
    • The new pet could simply do a bit more dmg, have a bit more hp to live longer and cast a lower end slow to help in exp groups
5) Make all valid raid buffs have 0.0 refresh time to speed up raid buffing
  • I know I have posted this a lot before but for some reason it still hasn’t happen
  • The list of spells that should have their refresh time lowered to ZERO are here:
    • Spell: Call of the Predator : Recharge time: 18 seconds
    • Spell: Spirit of Bih`Li : Recharge time: 9 seconds
    • Spell: Relic: Ward of Nature : Recharge time: 8 seconds
    • Spell: Dead Men Floating : Recharge time: 6 seconds
    • Spell: Share Form of the Great Wolf : Recharge time: 12 seconds
      • Giving rangers this buff would also be cool
    • Spell: Talisman of the Niklothar : Recharge time: 5 seconds

So many things I like about this post...

Increasing the duration on the combine clickies would be lovely. Having to dig it out and reclick it so often gets tedious. Often times I don't even bother with it because it's not worth the annoyance.

Increasing the duration on the combine clickies would be lovely. Having to dig it out and reclick it so often gets tedious. Often times I don't even bother with it because it's not worth the annoyance.

Or another step in the quest where you hand in the chest/legs for an aug. Saving bag and buff space while reducing the tediousness of things. Doesn't Vaporous Projection have some long lost understudy who found a way to condense the power of his master's armor, but was expelled because the process was imperfect (i.e. only retained the clickie power)? Couldn't we just say there was?

This was a good thread.

Agreed. Nothing like a string of fairly basic and much applauded ideas going nowhere to help us convince people to give SoD a try.

I know we've harped on this before, but values of cash loot (BOEs, plat drops, and vendor items) from certain exp zones need to be adjusted to make them competitive with highly contested exp zones. MielD and Windstone were discussed earlier threads, but Deepshade being blessed has reminded me of how poor the loot their goes for compared with other items from similar tier zones. If we could get a running list going so a single round of simple plat adjustment could be made, that would be fantastic!

My idea for reagents was this:
- get rid of most reagent requirements for spells, mostly the spells in kedrins list.
- make players able to imbue a single charge of their buff type spells into various gems and sell those to other players.
- get rid of reagent vendors, make all of the imbued spell gems have to come from world drops.

So like instead of having to log in buff bots or run enchanters to citadel to rebuff your group, someone could just carry a goe with them that they bought from listsold for whatever the going rate of a goe infused ruby is that day. So it wouldn't be cheap but it would be a great thing for hightier people and a good quality of life buff.

So... this thread is over a year old, widely applauded, and not shit has been done with it. I mean, some of the stuff in the OP would take some work, but lots of it could be put into the game in an afternoon. I got the impression from the MyFace page that SoD valued "player input in game decisions", but this thread tells me something different.

Is it really necessary to whine about what staff has or has not got around to yet? Cut them some slack. It's not like they get payed for doing all this for us.

They get paid in complaints, obviously. Though really I think whining is partially to do with a lack of transparency / feedback. A more effective mechanism for feedback on player input would be beneficial, because oftentimes it feels like suggestions end up as player versus player arguments (not necessarily a bad thing) with no real resolution (probably a bad thing).

I think it would be really nice if there was a stickied post which listed something like: (1) ideas that staff likes and intends to implement, (2) ideas that are good but won't be implemented because of overlooked/unfixable/etc. issue X, and (3) ideas that will never be implemented.

Guys.

Every time we pull away to read and discuss items, it distracts from things we are working on. Right now, we have tremendous momentum on 2.5. Give us a break and let us work on that so it gets done before I have to go coffin shopping please. When someone has a chance to come up for air, we can have a look at some of these other things.

Back
Top Bottom