Relic: Master of Death Duration

donfolstar3

Dalayan Master
The duration of the Necromancer spell Relic: Master of Death seems too short. This is a minor inconvenience, but an inconvenience all the same as it requires frequent gem swapping and asking for shrinks and potentially losing a boatload of mana regen mid fight (which can obviously be planned around, but hey, stuff occurs). Today while researching potential alts I noticed two trends that I believe make for a request worth at least considering:

1. The Necro pact line of spells go from 30 minutes duration all the way up to 30 minutes duration. For comparison to some other lines of self buffs:
-Druid self DS starts at 27 minutes duration and increases each new spell until Spineskin at 240 minutes.
-Yaulp starts at 24 seconds and increases to 1 minute for Paladins and 5 minutes for Clerics
-Shadowknight combat innates increase from 60 minutes to 120 minutes
In other words there appears to be a general trend (not all spell lines, but most) that self buff duration increases with higher ranked spells that is not mirrored in the pact line.

2. High level self buffs typically have incredibly long durations, especially ones with illusions.
-Clerics have HPB (144) and Avatar of Mercy (360)
-Druids have Spineskin (240) and SotW (144)
-Shadowknights have SotL/L (120) and Soul Shroud (150)
-Rangers have QotS (180)
-Shaman have FotRK (144)
It seems that most classes can cast their self buff/s and forget about it for two or more hours- not so with Necros.

Suggestion/Request:
That the duration of Relic: Master of Death (and possibly intermediary spells in the pact line) be increased. Somewhere in the 120 and 144 minutes range like most other lvl 65 self illusion buffs.

Last edited:
The duration of the Necromancer spell Relic: Master of Death seems too short. This is a minor inconvenience, but an inconvenience all the same as it requires frequent gem swapping and asking for shrinks and potentially losing a boatload of mana regen mid fight (which can obviously be planned around, but hey, stuff occurs). Today while researching potential alts I noticed two trends that I believe make for a request worth at least considering:

1. The Necro pact line of spells go from 30 minutes duration all the way up to 30 minutes duration. For comparison to some other lines of self buffs:
-Druid self DS starts at 27 minutes duration and increases each new spell until Spineskin at 240 minutes.
-Yaulp starts at 24 seconds and increases to 1 minute for Paladins and 5 minutes for Clerics
-Shadowknight combat innates increase from 60 minutes to 120 minutes
In other words there appears to be a general trend (not all spell lines, but most) that self buff duration increases with higher ranked spells that is not mirrored in the pact line.

2. High level self buffs typically have incredibly long durations, especially ones with illusions.
-Clerics have HPB (144) and Avatar of Mercy (360)
-Druids have Spineskin (240) and SotW (144)
-Shadowknights have SotL/L (120) and Soul Shroud (150)
-Rangers have QotS (180)
-Shaman have FotRK (144)
It seems that most classes can cast their self buff/s and forget about it for two or more hours- not so with Necros.

Suggestion/Request:
That the duration of Relic: Master of Death (and possibly intermediary spells in the pact line) be increased. Somewhere in the 120 and 144 minutes range like most other lvl 65 self illusion buffs.

direct result of no more PL...bad ass

/bump
This is still a thing.
My mind is blown that no other Necro has whined about this in our post PL world.

Last edited:
probably because its not that big of a deal, you get use to recasting it. but i do agree it would be nice if the duration was increased

Agreed, and as its a self only buff I cannot see an issue with knocking the duration up past at least an hour if not more.

No other nec cares because its not a big deal. It's the best mana regen in the game by a huge margin. It should be somewhat inconvenient. It definitely should not be a "I throw it on and forget about it" spell like JB.

No other nec cares because its not a big deal. It's the best mana regen in the game by a huge margin. It should be somewhat inconvenient. It definitely should not be a "I throw it on and forget about it" spell like JB.
It should be. let it stick through zones, laugh at the necro being chased by city guards...

necro city faction is usually terrible anyway as the class quest line involves killing church elites/decimating paladins/whacking city fathers/poisoning water supplies in most of the cities in dalaya. so who cares if you kill a few more guards, we have a private banker.

Iheard the inconvenient is some negative regen but it's been long I haven't died from it besides occasional non-intentional Lifeburns

Back
Top Bottom