Rogues

Bumping a question i had it got kind of buried, Is it possible to send the client more movement updates and it actually do something with it? Could just limit it to rogues in combat if this would cause abunch more server load. This problem isn't 100% unique to rogues it just effects us the most.

If we could reduce the latency at-least for just rogues only for backstab type of deal because i can 7 outa 10 times keep myself in melee range and still keep landing swings with autoattack its just backstab that's got the biggest issue. I feel like this is just a fundamental issue with this client and just flat out missing a backstab because of latency is infuriating with no recourse for the player.

Bumping a question i had it got kind of buried, Is it possible to send the client more movement updates and it actually do something with it? Could just limit it to rogues in combat if this would cause abunch more server load. This problem isn't 100% unique to rogues it just effects us the most.

If we could reduce the latency at-least for just rogues only for backstab type of deal because i can 7 outa 10 times keep myself in melee range and still keep landing swings with autoattack its just backstab that's got the biggest issue. I feel like this is just a fundamental issue with this client and just flat out missing a backstab because of latency is infuriating with no recourse for the player.

make it so if you're within a certain amount of yards from the back of a mob once you hit back stab it then ports you to the back of said mob, within back stab range and it lands.

Updating the number of client updates is probably not feasible in the current environment. I'm not sure we'd even want to look into such things until newer client anyway.

I heard that Taryth is holding client upgrades for ransoms and truth on this ill pitch in!

What if rogues could lock onto their target after 10 seconds giving 2x meele range and 4x backstab range? That would vastly improve issues with movement. I also liked the idea of the illusion/double that lets the rogue meele from the back while actually running their character other places as required by fight mechanics. Maybe just they can backstab from anywhere while the double is behind the mob.

Just thoughts.

Back
Top Bottom