Savagery VS Cunning

fascav

Dalayan Adventurer
so.... I'm pretty sure casters get a nicer dps boost from cunning than a SINGLE (every 3 min) savagery on a melee...

Suggestion

Make Savagery group wide... but not stack with cunning... cunning to caster group, savagery to melee group.. problem solved !

Savagery has a lot more uses than just a DPS increase, at low tiers the resist boosts it gives are very substancial and can help weaker/more important characters survive fights.

I wouldn't say no to adding a group savage buff though. :)

And yes, at lower tiers the resist boost is worth it, and even in upper tiers, I know a few encounters where I savaged a pally for the resist boost in kiting adds for the encounter. The best change to it would be to add a tad to the duration, and to drop the dang dot requirement for it. (/plead)

edit to add: I like being able to wear both of these buffs at the same time, not sure I want them being exclusive like that.

Just do what I did, demand that both buffs be up on your toon at all times during raids. And yes, savagery isn't just +atk, it's also +sta and a hefty resist boost, vs cunning - +spell damage and -aggro generation.

Sad but true, I didn't even xp in citadel without cunning and savagery up constantly.

The real question with Savagery is: Why does it still cost a peridot when peridots are nothing but a bag-slot tax as a buff that can only be active on 2-3(?) toons per BST at a time?

The real question with Savagery is: Why does it still cost a peridot when peridots are nothing but a bag-slot tax as a buff that can only be active on 2-3(?) toons per BST at a time?

This, also same with R:Aego, also there shouldn't be a refresh time on CotP.

This, also same with R:Aego, also there shouldn't be a refresh time on CotP.

This. Very much this...and I suggest removing the peridot requirement on Savagery despite having Reagent Con VII (suck it beastlords)

GOOD POST KEDRIN

PS - Reagent Con should work on items with charges. Because I have Reagent Con VII.

Last edited:
Seems regent con is hard to come by for a BST, at least through tier9. And sorry Dimmi, I am forced to call BS on your constant sav/cun while xp-ing, that require a group to take a bst along, and that just doesn't possible or plausible. (Yeah, everyone on the forums loves the class, the story in game is far different it seems.)

Seems regent con is hard to come by for a BST, at least through tier9. And sorry Dimmi, I am forced to call BS on your constant sav/cun while xp-ing, that require a group to take a bst along, and that just doesn't possible or plausible. (Yeah, everyone on the forums loves the class, the story in game is far different it seems.)

you don't need to group the beast to get the buffs.

Seems regent con is hard to come by for a BST, at least through tier9.

I haven't seen a useful BST-usable reagent con item anywhere above Plane of Nightmare. I guess I'm lucky that I have a pocket magician I can use to get a couple stacks before xp or raids, so I've never been concerned about it.

@Kiseble: Yeah, I know. It was also the answer I was expecting.

@Barbii: Yeah, so do I. It just sucks that we are forced to do so, to remain at max effect, is all.

I should probably just start a new thread, but this thread brought up a great point: Why does the peridot requirement on spells still exist? It has no value other than being an annoying relic of the original game that made sense back when mage pets required summoned reagants to cast on live.

I haven't seen a useful BST-usable reagent con item anywhere above Plane of Nightmare. I guess I'm lucky that I have a pocket magician I can use to get a couple stacks before xp or raids, so I've never been concerned about it.

I think there's a face from PoMercy but really reagents are silly anyway.

In the new zone they had a clicky savagery mask that used 0 pdots, but that was changed recently ish and is now just sv. I guess that would have been the best reagant con ever, rip.

Yeah, I remember Tierilo (sorry if I butchered that bud) complaining about in ooc after the patch went in that nerfed it. I was sort of happy I never got it after that.

Back
Top Bottom