Silver Band of Shojar

Nwaij

Dalayan Pious Diety
Shojar.jpg

Nevian.jpg

Iceflow.jpg

I recently aquired this ring, and tbh i was disappointed. Comparing it with Nevian, and even Iceflow Signet, I can not help to feel that its lacking.

What you have to do to get the individual items:

Nevian:
  • Kill the very first boss in Inner Prison

Iceflow Signet:
  • Kill a mini in Lower Thaz

Silver Band of Shojar:
  • Kill a specific trashmob in PoFrost
  • Aquire a drop from random trash in PoFrost
  • Kill a Named in PoFrost
  • Aquire an item wich I won't spoil here
  • and last but not least, get a jewelcrafting skill of atleast 240

If you do all this, you, and just you, cause all the stuff is nodrop all the way, can get a ring that is barely an upgrade over Nevian. It gets worse when you don't use Nevian any more cause you have other ways to max your FT and compare it to Iceflow Signet. Then its even a mana downgrade, but yay, you spent like 100k on skilling up jewelcrafting.

So what I hope to see here, considering the effort one has to do to obtain this ring, is getting Shojars Cruelity addet to it, for reason of flair (its Shojars Insignia, after all), and cause
Quest text said:
"The Insignias were going to be the counter to Tarhyl during the Great War."
. With Mindfire having Fire Focus, I really think the quest reward from PoFrost should have Cold Focus.

If the ring stays as is, I doubt that anyone who doesn't happen to have maxed jewelcrafting will ever bother with it.

It already had cruelty of shojar. For some reason it wasnt showing up - just patched it over again.

You are very wrong about needing jewelcrafting.

Maybe its not 240, but 235 isn't sufficient.

[Wed Dec 10 13:56:18 2008] You have become better at Jewelry Making! (167)
[Wed Dec 10 13:56:18 2008] You gain 4090 experience!!
[Wed Dec 10 13:56:57 2008] This item is too difficult for you to increase your skill.

[Wed Dec 10 16:04:12 2008] You have become better at Jewelry Making! (195)
[Wed Dec 10 16:04:12 2008] You gain 5454 experience!!
[Wed Dec 10 16:04:46 2008] This item is too difficult for you to increase your skill.

[Wed Dec 10 17:49:24 2008] You have become better at Jewelry Making! (216)
[Wed Dec 10 17:49:24 2008] You gain 5454 experience!!
[Wed Dec 10 17:51:03 2008] This item is too difficult for you to increase your skill.

[Wed Dec 10 22:21:01 2008] You have become better at Jewelry Making! (235)
[Wed Dec 10 22:21:01 2008] You gain 6818 experience!!
[Wed Dec 10 22:25:00 2008] You lacked the skills to fashion the items together.

And tbh even with cold focus, I think it deserves a mana boost.

Last edited:
A cold focus makes it amazing. Glacial Eye, Pulsing Coldstone Loop and Azrath are basically the three items that have it, and only one of those has FT on it (only 1). The ring seems pretty on par for what you have to do to get it (PoFrost is below ToT anyways, right?)

A cold focus makes it amazing. Glacial Eye, Pulsing Coldstone Loop and Azrath are basically the three items that have it, and only one of those has FT on it (only 1). The ring seems pretty on par for what you have to do to get it (PoFrost is below ToT anyways, right?)

dont forget Courage.

Enthann Saphire, Wand of cold Calculation, Attendant belt, just to name a few more items with cold focus. And oh wonder, sapphire even has FT on it!

EDIT: I would agree that its on par if it was only gathering PoFrost items. Having to almost max a tradeskill for it places it kinda out of whack.

Amulet of Icewind has FT1 / Shojar thing on it.

Otherwise maybe not add mana on this but some cool advanceed effect, idk Mind shield / Spellward sounds fitting. Maybe add +ice dmg !

EDIT: I would agree that its on par if it was only gathering PoFrost items. Having to almost max a tradeskill for it places it kinda out of whack.

Woldo just said you were wrong about that. I think its fine as it is. It's really not that difficult to acquire all the pieces, so as long as what Woldo said is true, it seems balanced to me.

Last edited:
Woldo just said you were wrong about that. I think its fine as it is. It's really not that difficult to acquire all the pieces, so as long as what Woldo said is true, it seems balanced to me.

Woldo said one thing, my logs (from wich I even posted an excrept) say another thing. Sorry, but I'll trust on my logs here.

Clarification: Obtaining this Ring requires 2 JC combines. Since the result from 1st combine is nodrop, you indeed have to raise JC on everyone who wants this.

Last edited:
If you attempt to combine an item with JC and it gives you a message saying it's to difficult to skillup on, means that you have 0% chance of successfully combining it, or atleast that is how it works with every tradeskill including JC. I was leveling up my JC also, but after looking at that ring, it's completely not worth the time and effort to skill it up, not counting the 100k in cash it takes, and on top of that 4 rare random items you have to collect also.

And there are multiple items to get Shojar's Cruelty on, alot of them easier to get than this one.

PS And if it's not supposed to be combined using JC, why not remove the recipe then?

Last edited:
You are wrong about needing to raise jewel crafting to get the item. I am not sure what you are not understanding about that.

So by chance, after mashing the button through 200+ skill ups, on that fateful time he hit combine and it worked, there was the same chance as when he had 0 skill?

you need a 240 jc to do the first part not the final combine so you just need a person on the raid with 240 jc

you need a 240 jc to do the first part not the final combine so you just need a person on the raid with 240 jc

According to Woldo, there is no need for jewelcrafting to obtain this item. Im just not sure if he means each individual doesnt need it, or NOBODY needs it.

This

If the ring stays as is, I doubt that anyone who doesn't happen to have maxed jewelcrafting will ever bother with it.

is the statement being responded to. Perhaps this is an english barrier problem but what I am saying is you do not need to personally "SPEND 100K AND MAX OUT JEWELCRAFTING OMG" to get the item.

This is pretty much outright said in the quest text.

You are wrong. I checked it both before and after you made this post.

The link you provided your guildie was also the wrong link.

Back
Top Bottom