SoD Patcher vs. Virustotal

Servi

Dalayan Beginner
New player here. Will likely get roasted for this, but had to ask. I ran the sodpatcher.exe through virustotal.com and received the following result:

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/...0be8143b9b788c568d1fbd6c/analysis/1462150443/

False positives, correct? Terribly sorry to be paranoid, but the computer I'm about to install on is shared between myself and two others, and I really don't want to cause my housemates any issues.

Thanks for reading, and thanks in advance for allowing a newbie to post a (likely) very daft thread.

New player here. Will likely get roasted for this, but had to ask. I ran the sodpatcher.exe through virustotal.com and received the following result:

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/...0be8143b9b788c568d1fbd6c/analysis/1462150443/

False positives, correct? Terribly sorry to be paranoid, but the computer I'm about to install on is shared between myself and two others, and I really don't want to cause my housemates any issues.

Thanks for reading, and thanks in advance for allowing a newbie to post a (likely) very daft thread.

I trust the patcher more than I trust this link.

I trust the patcher more than I trust this link.
Actually virusttotal is a legit and handy tool -- basically google's take on virus scanning.

False positives are pretty common with non-commercial software -- a 5/56 detection ratio isn't abnormal (and none of the major AV vendors showed malware) -- and I haven't noticed any of the malware that report shows (e.g., Artemis usually redirects your browser, Win32.Malware!Drop puts false redirects in Bing and Yahoo results, etc.).

That said, if you're paranoid about the patcher, it seems illogical to ask the community that made the software whether it is safe to use or not.

Thank you very much for the replies.

To clarify, however: my paranoia was concerning whether or not the version of the patcher that I downloaded had somehow been compromised via a third party (possibly during download). My complete lack of technical knowledge about these kind of things is the key factor here, I freely admit.

I certainly wasn't suggesting or implying any possible ill intent or deliberate infection via those who created the patcher and run the server. I apologize for allowing my post to come across that way.

Your reply has put my mind at ease, so thanks once again.

For some reason Mcfee decided sodpatcher.exe was a virus on my wifes and my computer today. I had to jump through a bunch of hoops with Mcafee on both machines to exempt the file but got it working again. I dunno if Mcafee updated it's database today or something but it's done stupid crap like that before to me.

Back
Top Bottom