The High Price of Knowledge: The Jayla Augment Quest Bug Thread

I have just completed 3rd aug.

When we killed the paladin.........after the kill we were attacked and killed by a white con wraith.

Nobody else knows about the 2nd mob, was this a bug.

My pally is on Althuna and has an orb of purity but has not undergone the trial yet. I wondered if there was a flag missed or a conflict.

I have completed the third badge so it didnt affect me personally other than the wipe.

I have just completed 3rd aug.

When we killed the paladin.........after the kill we were attacked and killed by a white con wraith.

Nobody else knows about the 2nd mob, was this a bug.

My pally is on Althuna and has an orb of purity but has not undergone the trial yet. I wondered if there was a flag missed or a conflict.

I have completed the third badge so it didnt affect me personally other than the wipe.

What Paladin are you talking about?

I think he means that one guy in Sundered Mtns which Lorekeeper Nia means. On the part where you need plagued scimitar and something from that "paladin".

Yep basically my party ran around Sundered Mountains like headless chickens until the mob spawned.

It immediately attacked which was unfortunate as the party was totally scattered but my Paladin was able to get there and successfully tank it.

Immediately after we killed it and my Wiz looted the ?larva corpse a white con wraith appeared and killed us all.

If you mean my Paladin it is Eleazer who as I said is midway through the Althuna quest. As I understand there is also an Althuna encounter in the same spot wondered if this was related.

As I said it hasn't affected my Jayla progress but just wanted to report a possible bug.

Hmm, ya sounds like it may be a conflict between the two quests. I'll see if I can't resolved that.

Have the book for Cerren (grayclaw part) - have done the escor 5 times now. everytime going back to POL with the book. Cerren dosent take the book and my quest hasent updated.

Same every try.

Getting kind of tired of it, is there a fix?

Have the book for Cerren (grayclaw part) - have done the escor 5 times now. everytime going back to POL with the book. Cerren dosent take the book and my quest hasent updated.

Same every try.

Getting kind of tired of it, is there a fix?

Did you pay attention at all to what happened in DN? Considering you did it FIVE times I'm surprised you tried to give the book to Cerren considering what happens to her. Who else in PoLore might be interested in that book?

Thanks, that helped. There is no update in the journal when you get the book, this is what made me miss the fact that i had to do something compleatly new.

How come most of the quest is based on riddles aswell as normal quest stuff... (Look for something in the area ). It spoiles it a little for me that there is almost no way to do this quest without talking to someone who has done it. For a quest that has no wiki help on it, it is really vague.

FX. i now have to look for signs of someone - Dead or alive. So I start killing animals in the zone outside. He might have ben eaten. Or i look under water - he might have drowned. Or maybe a froglok has a part of his journal and the only way i can get it is by grinding faction up with live frogloks so i can talk to this one... Any way! why not just say a little more, since this is both a riddle and a normal quest... or maybe make it only a riddle and not a normal one, or make the normal part alot shorter. You know like, time invested = reward in the end.

Just my thourts, i have no problem with long quests (Vah anyone?) but a long quest where you dont have much of an idear of what to do, is potentionaly a never ending grind. since this is the "worst" of the augs maybe make the quest one of the easiest once aswell... insted of one of the worst once =).

So why did i even pick this quest - Well im a Highelf caster, it fits really well.

Sum: Less riddles and more clues please. Right now just about the only way to do the quest is to ask some one who has done it.

:Rant = off

This quest wasn't too hard even before all the hand-holding they put in. Between me and Tarutao, we knew 99% or more of all the lore involved off the top of our heads, and all of the riddles took us at most a couple days to solve. If you didn't want to learn and use the lore of the game, solve riddles, and do critical thinking, then you chose the wrong deity and have no room to complain.

Knowledge is power.

I promise you that the lore is out there and available. If you want a little nudge to where to find the pieces of lore you've missed (there was one that took me some searching), send me a tell or PM, and I'll see if I can help without spoiling it for ya!

This quest wasn't too hard even before all the hand-holding they put in.

The 10-piece needle-in-a-haystack search and "devourer of knowledge" parts were exceptions to this. Clues were added to the search and the "devourer of knowledge" clue was change (and supposedly the location as well). Oh, and one of the fights was toned down a LOT.

Don't despair! The quest is quite appropriate for the aug quest of the deity of "Knowledge and Lore".

Last edited:
Yeppers, I had no trouble with Book 3 apart from having to make up to certain types of people hint hint Jiang

The 4th book has 4 areas btw apologies on that

making up to people for book 3 eh? i'm on the same spot.. i assume this means i should stop slaughtering the little buggers hoping one of them drops a book.. and go slaughter other little buggers so i can talk to them instead? :\

So once you know what to do it isent ahd to find out what to do?... i supose that is right =)

Just like the lore you need to know is out there... I take it there is lore that tells where orgers that are missing go. Makes alot of sence =).

I love the idear of getting to know the lore of the game and i really dont mind solving riddles, but the problem is that you have no way of knowing that what your are doing is right until you get that part solved.

"The people of the plains, beset by corruption cry out for a champion" - That one is easy isent it... someone that lives on plains and fight with corruption amd they need you to become there champion. Well ofc that is the plauge suvivers of easten plaguelands, they are looking for help fight the plague... So go there and do all there quests inorder to show them that your there champion, takes along time but that is what you need to do in order to get on with the quest, well that and when your done with all the quests they have you ofc have to go kill the infected once out in westen plaguelands for some drop that you need to turn in. Right? that is right isent it?? well when your done with that you can ofc figure out that it must be the farmers that live in badlands - who else could it be - OFC it is the bird guys of south badlands - they fight with corruption and thy need yu to get faction with them, as in show them that your there champion... that makes sence. So go there and grinde faction with them and they will give you what you need rght? NO now i got it... it is a bit of a strage but it could be the dawn tribe orcs, i supose i have to grind faction with them then... right?? what else could it be? Centaurs in hills maybe... they dont like me at all, and there is nothing corrupted in Cent hills.

Dont even get me started on the part where you have to kill goblins in Red sun mines...

But yes. once you know the right answers it is easy to figure out what the right answer is...

Im just saying =)... you might wanna throw us idiots a bone sometime.

i'll admit that there seems to be juxtaposition of lore and riddle going on here..

to use an example people here can relate to, wisdom != intelligence

knowledge/lore aren't exactly synonymous with solving riddles..

that aside.. guessing which zones to go to from the 'hints' you're given hasn't tripped me up yet.. i'm just a little weary of going on a killing spree to try and get a drop when i should've been grinding faction to talk to them about it

i'll admit that there seems to be juxtaposition of lore and riddle going on here..

to use an example people here can relate to, wisdom != intelligence

knowledge/lore aren't exactly synonymous with solving riddles..

that aside.. guessing which zones to go to from the 'hints' you're given hasn't tripped me up yet.. i'm just a little weary of going on a killing spree to try and get a drop when i should've been grinding faction to talk to them about it

Correct me if I'm wrong, and I very well may be, but are there any parts of this quest that deal with a faction you can BOTH be KoS to OR friendly with that requires you to trash your faction?

Correct me if I'm wrong, and I very well may be, but are there any parts of this quest that deal with a faction you can BOTH be KoS to OR friendly with that requires you to trash your faction?

The goblin part fx... I cant really get in to it and not break the "hint" part.

And I dont really know Foolra im not done with the quest yet. But there are atleast 2 parts now where you can easy think you need to kill when infact you need to get faction and talk.

Last edited:

that's essentially what i'm asking...

hard to go into any details without mentioning stuff i'm not supposed to though

OK

I am on step two and I hand the dude the first book and he does nothing at all, just returns it. I handed him the third book and he asked me if I was rdy for the question, I said yes, he did nothing. He neither said I was right nor wrong.

He should be asking me a question from the first book. I think I may have messed up my flags by not Hailing Marek after finishing up with CIllan.

I don't see anything wrong with your flags at first glance, Renshu. Need to catch you in game to see exactly what is going on, though. Hopefully tonight.

Back
Top Bottom