The Transportation Matrix

darksabbath

Dalayan Master
I have tried petitioning this for several days, with no response at all, so I'll try posting this here.

I was working on this quest, and I got to the part where you do the hand-ins for the meteoric tal yan needle with Garlii. I handed him the needle, small meteoric ingot, and the 1k plat, and got my two items back (needle, ingot), but he ate the cash. I tried re-hailing him, verified through the dialog I had the right stuff, grabbed more cash, and tried again. Again, he returned the two items, and ate my cash again. (I am fairly certain I have log files for this also).
Could someone please take a look at this, and see what is wrong, please? And getting my 2k back would be beyond awesome.

Thanks. the Toon is Ranseur.

I do not understand why people keep handing money to NPCs, when there is only one example in the game of an NPC that you hand money to, and countless instances where NPCs just take money from your bags when they need it.

Official Dev Response: Tunrin is working as intended, you might be able to petition to get your wasted money back, but take this up with the GMs, not my call.

I agree it would be nice if the npc implied subliminally that you don't need to hand it the money. ( I did the very same thing.. :p)

Thanks for the help Nwaij. Lol Tinkaa, I feel less bad now. :p
Now, if I could find a gm on-line to answer my petition one of these days, I'd be all set...

I'm having the same issue.. also lost 2K.

Turn in working as intended? Can someone shed some light on what i'm doing wrong? Do you need to do earlier quests for him first? If that's the case I wish he would say so in dialogue

Kak

Nevermind, I think I figured it out... lol

Last edited:
Need to just have the cash in inventory, don't hand it in. Good luck getting a GM to respond to a petition for getting it back, though. I had one in every day for 2 weeks straight, never got an answer.

Maybe it could be changed so that he asks for the ingot and needle, then when you do the turn in, new dialog appears along the lines of, "Oh, by the way, I will need 1000 platinum as payment." The dialog options could be "Here's the money" and "I'll be right back with it"

Could just change where they say about the special material needed & add, "and have 1000 platinum with you, I will claim that as payment."

I am working on this quest, and i can't get him to take the needle and then talk about it. He simply returns it to me. i am at kindly, which i am told is the faction needed.... but he won't do anything with the needle. i have tried to give him the needle and the meteoric ore, and just the needle by itself, and i've tried hailing him as well.... he will not do what i need him to do....

do i need to do the earlier quest that he mentions? or, do i just need to be at a certain point in the Matrix quest for which this is needed? or what?

Okay, I have the ore and the needle. I try to give him the ore nothing. Try to give him the ore + needle. Nothing. Try to give him just the needle and I get the dialog again. Had 2.5k plat in hand. This is on juff, btw.

Okay, I just want to state that the damage on the Guardian of the Matrix is about the equivalent of a t10 raid boss, and that's a bit obscene. He hit my bard who has ~2200 ac with a shield on for over 3000 in a round multiple times. Considering the majority of this can be done with a t3-4 group, I'm going to guess he's considerably harder than he probably should be.

he is certainly a challenge if you are unprepared. (As in, you wipe.) Finally had to box in Nuvian to MT it when I did it, because that Guardian hits hard and fast. I think I saw hits at about 3.5k on my bst, iirc.

Okay, I just want to state that the damage on the Guardian of the Matrix is about the equivalent of a t10 raid boss, and that's a bit obscene. He hit my bard who has ~2200 ac with a shield on for over 3000 in a round multiple times. Considering the majority of this can be done with a t3-4 group, I'm going to guess he's considerably harder than he probably should be.

Wow I'm really sorry that I made a mob you can't just 2box in t12 gear. No wait, I'm not. Bring a group, bring a raid if you have to. I know of people around t4ish who have finished this quest.

Wow I'm really sorry that I made a mob you can't just 2box in t12 gear. No wait, I'm not. Bring a group, bring a raid if you have to. I know of people around t4ish who have finished this quest.

I can two box it. The point stands that no t4 group would be able to do this, you'd need probably two groups. That's pretty silly considering the quest requires nothing more than a t3 group to do the rest of.

Back
Top Bottom