Trial of Althuna - Clr/Pal Newbie Quest Newport

Waldoff

Administrator
Staff member
One of the hardest parts of writing newbie quests is the fact that they are extremely hard to bug test with actual players. Lots of people do them, but often those people are new to the game and do not know how to report issues.

So I am trying something new. If anyone does the new Cleric/Paladin quest in North Newport called "The Trial of Althuna", please post here with your experience - regardless of if it worked perfectly or not.

Thanks!

Quest dialog and event went smoothly for me. Pretty nice graphic on the reward.

I found one typo right before the Spirit of Mercy awakens. Word: righteous, in the phrase "even in the most reighteous".

edit: I didn't even think to originally include this because I am so used to it, but the Spirits were giant humans. Lol.

Last edited:
Quest dialog and event went smoothly for me. Pretty nice graphic on the reward.

I found one typo right before the Spirit of Mercy awakens. Word: righteous, in the phrase "even in the most reighteous".

edit: I didn't even think to originally include this because I am so used to it, but the Spirits were giant humans. Lol.

Thank you for pointing out the spelling error! Fixed that one and throwing some fame.

You need to patch to get the models as of this morning!

Attempted this on several toons with mixed results. My 35 PAL had an easy enough go of it, and I must say the shield is great for adding variety to low-end combat! Both my 55 CLR (Marlow pledged) and 65 CLR (Tarhyl pledged) had a heck of a time getting to the quest mob because they were KoS to the plethora of Althuna mobs surrounding her. She would not respond to the hails of either. Made a level 1 junk CLR (unsworn) and junk PAL (Althuna sworn, obviously) and both got the hail text.

Interestingly, the shield (which I've added to the wiki thanks to Lind!) is WAR PAL SHD. Surely, this isn't intended...? Especially given that SHDs come pre-packaged with Marlow and would thus be unable to reach the quest mob due to faction problems. I attempted to initiate this quest with both a 24 IKS WAR and a level 1 junk HUM WAR and neither received any text from the quest mob. As the shield has no CLR listing, does this mean that CLRs get their own reward, or is the one shield intended for CLR PAL?

Kinks aside, very fun little quest and I could imagine the reward adding a lot of enjoyment to my combat if I were a lowbie PAL!

EDIT: By the way, the Enchanted Armor model worked fine on my end.

Last edited:
Attempted this on several toons with mixed results. My 35 PAL had an easy enough go of it, and I must say the shield is great for adding variety to low-end combat! Both my 55 CLR (Marlow pledged) and 65 CLR (Tarhyl pledged) had a heck of a time getting to the quest mob because they were KoS to the plethora of Althuna mobs surrounding her. She would not respond to the hails of either. Made a level 1 junk CLR (unsworn) and junk PAL (Althuna sworn, obviously) and both got the hail text.

Interestingly, the shield (which I've added to the wiki thanks to Lind!) is WAR PAL SHD. Surely, this isn't intended...? Especially given that SHDs come pre-packaged with Marlow and would thus be unable to reach the quest mob due to faction problems. I attempted to initiate this quest with both a 24 IKS WAR and a level 1 junk HUM WAR and neither received any text from the quest mob. As the shield has no CLR listing, does this mean that CLRs get their own reward, or is the one shield intended for CLR PAL?

Kinks aside, very fun little quest and I could imagine the reward adding a lot of enjoyment to my combat if I were a lowbie PAL!

EDIT: By the way, the Enchanted Armor model worked fine on my end.

Somehow missed the wrong classes being on the shield. The stats are changing to add some Wisdom next patch. I originally made the quest for paladins, but realized that I might as well open it up to clerics. The more newbie quests the better.

The quest is really for level 5-30ish Clerics and Pallies, who likely would not be KoS to Althuna as of yet. Thematically it makes sense for them to frown on Althuna KOS folks too.

Will Taldorian CLRs and PALs, who are automatically sworn to Malath, be able to undertake this quest or will that deity cause a conflict as well?

Pretty sure this is working well. Has anyone else tried it out at the appropriate level?

Back
Top Bottom