Unlabeled AA and Tome values

Discussion in 'Tome of Knowledge' started by Cyzaine, Dec 16, 2008.

1. Cyzaine

Cyzaine Staff Emeritus

No. I'll try to clear it up

Codex = up to 10% chance that a given hit that would kill you does 0 damage.

Buff = chance that a given hit that would kill you doesn't, and you are healed up all the way.

Halfling Innate Death Save = chance that a given hit that would kill you does 0 damage

Halfling Death save bonus = 15% bonus to death save buffs

As was pointed out to me, halflings actually have 2 different kinds of death save racials. The 15% bonus was and always has worked. The Innate was broken since the codex was implemented.

2. V Mercury Storm

V Mercury Storm Dalayan Beginner

I was wondering about Harmonious Attack for Bards. How much of a percent chance for a double attack does it give, and does it affect both hands, or only the main hand?

3. Lyaelan

Lyaelan Dalayan Beginner

I still can't find any information about Spell Casting Mastery (Improves your Focus/Mind specialization).

Since the benefit for this is specialization is ephemeral at best, how useful is this AA?

As a wizard, I rabidly leap at every iota of "Spell Hit." Does this do that? Or just reduce mana costs? Both?

4. Anti Eh

Anti Eh Dalayan Elder

Im am curious how much extra resists the bard style Maestro gives you please?

5. stope21

stope21 Dalayan Elder

New numbers for hidden str?

Also, I'm kind of curious why the values listed in the OP aren't added in to the in-game descriptions? Seems like it would save people the trouble of having to come here (if they are even aware that they can come here), and as a whole promote increased player knowledge.

I'm assuming this is a modifier?
    i.e: 30% death save buff * 15% bonus = 34.5% chance, not 30%+15% = 45% chance.

I was under the impression that some time ago, that significant increases in % mana con was taken away from items, and added to specializations and/or aa's? Any chance you could clear this up so that we are a little more understanding of how much mana we are actually conserving with the different things combined?

Last edited: Nov 17, 2009
  6. bignirish88

bignirish88 Dalayan Adventurer

I don't want to be beating a dead horse but are those hidden strength numbers available after the change?
    it used to be 3 overcap to 1 pre-over cap stat how much was this altered?

thanks for your time

7. vistachiri

vistachiri Dalayan Master

So something was mentioned to me, however the wording under the tome has me suspicious of if it were true or not.

The proc tome. Does it increase the % for all procs, or just weapons. I assumed the former, but while discussing it I was told it was mentioned it only functioned for weapons. I immediately went wtf, and attempted to find something confirming or denying that, but found nothing. So just asking for a confirmation here :D.

8. vistachiri

Sweet, that moved up the priority list. Thanks!

9. Lenlalron

Lenlalron Dalayan Beginner

Question: I know that at certain AA numbers the XP required increases. Is it possible to get these numbers, please?

10. BranFlakes

BranFlakes Dalayan Adventurer

11. vistachiri

Do ikisith tomes affect pets?

If not can that be changed, since pet classes (mag/bst) tend to sacrifice a large amount of other abilities for their ability to have pets. The power gap between these classes and others really doesn't need to get any wider.

12. Xach

Xach Dalayan Beginner

One thing that just came up in conversation discussing SK aggro, is that we don't know if Assault of Shadow does all its aggro instantly and simply has a recourse to prevent it from being spammed, or does it continue to give more aggro each tick?

stral likes this.
  13. Xach

Xach Dalayan Beginner

Okay.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2010
  14. Faldeney

Faldeney Dalayan Beginner

It's my understanding that Focus/Mind & Spell Casting Mastery also increases your ability to bypass enemy resists. Are the resist modifier numbers the same as the mana cost modifier numbers here? Not sure how the bypass ability works, but I figured since resists are usually calculated in whole numbers as well, that they might work in a similar way.

Thanks,
    Faldeney
    65 Wizard

Last edited: May 17, 2010
  15. Marchie

Marchie Dalayan Adventurer

I haven't seen this answered unless I missed it, but does this tome work with bard songs? I assume it does nothing.

16. Draeos

Draeos Dalayan Elder

Did a quick board search for shared mind didn't find anything right away, could the first post of this be updated with exactly how shared mind works/is applied?

17. Chakekik

Chakekik Dalayan Adventurer

As per Cyzaine:

Kedrin likes this.
  18. Draeos

Draeos Dalayan Elder

this can kinda go here, Does the enchanter class tome and control enhancement work on thaz mez?

stral likes this.
  19. Kohedron

Kohedron Dalayan Beginner

How about these 2, I don't think I saw either of them listed in OP:

What's the specific list of AA's that the pet benefits from with Elemental Mastery?
    Spell Casting Fury, Combat Ferocity, Combat Agility... and anything else?

Also, just to confirm that Combat Ferocity works for Monks/Beastlords that use hand to hand, because in-game the AA says "increase ability to hit with weapons"

20. Bridger

Bridger Dalayan Beginner

Could you please give me some numbers for the Mage Class (Pet) Tomes -
    Word of Power 1 and Word of Power 2 (Increase in Pet damage, length of effect, recast time) and Empowered Flock 1 (damage per explosion)

Thx