Updated old-world Textures

The new textures from what I could ever find are in a .eqg format which our client does not recognize. It only recognizes the old .s3d formats.

"I said something that encouraged circumventing purchasing the software legally, so my post got edited. I hope I learn from this mistake."

Well, anyways, I thought I was being careful enough, but apparently not. I'm up and running but I don't think I see an immediate difference between the 2 installs. I've got 2 nearly identical machines, one running Titanium and the other running SoF. I'll post screens if there is a difference.

Last edited:
How did you enable the new textures? I have a SoF install with the .eqg files but even when I set the graphics to highest settings it is still using the older textures.

Actually, funny you ask because I had this problem installing SoF on the older machine after I took the screenshots. You must uninstall EQ first through control panel. THEN, you need to delete the entire S0ny folder. There are still quite a few files left after uninstall. Next, reinstall SoF, then run the SoD patcher with the box Repatch All checked. After this, you should be golden.

Hrm. This woul dbe very nice if we could figure out how you got the client to read it.

Well, all I did was go through the installation to a fresh directory with all the highest graphical options checked. I would note, however, that some items in the game are not visible with the newer textures enabled. For example, for the first Wizard class quest for the Arcane Staff, the Enchanting Altar in Blackburrow was not visible at all (nor had its 3d collision been enabled). I had to install Titanium again to another directory in order to see it to complete the quest. I did not do anything fancy, did not modify any files whatsoever.

In case there are other variables involved, I'll post my specs:

Windows 7
AMD Athlon X2 2.4ghz
8600GTS

(other machine is same, running Windows XP)

Man with new textures this means I gotta upgrade the PC real bad :monocle: But it looks ten times better

Hrm. This woul dbe very nice if we could figure out how you got the client to read it.

Would also like to know I have the disks, I may try playing around with this. But if some things can't be seen. It would be likey that you / i would run into alot of issues.

I found my issue...even though I installed SoF into an entirely diff directory and pointed the patcher there...I had not noticed it was looking for the .exe in the old Titanium install. Pointed it to the right place and have the new textures working fine. Its pretty neat.

OK it does work after full reinstallation Titanm + SoF. Maybe the folder needed it anyway being quite old :p Thank you for the tip whoever found it, the difference is indeed noticeable when you run in Newport. Won't help changing the minds of the people that cannot consider SoD because of his aged graphics though, but definitely an improvement.

Can't say how much impacted on performances as my PC is rather old (2800+ Barton, 1.5g, Nvidia FX5900XT on XPpro) and it might be heavier in raids, I'll give some feedback.

Well, all I did was go through the installation to a fresh directory with all the highest graphical options checked. I would note, however, that some items in the game are not visible with the newer textures enabled. For example, for the first Wizard class quest for the Arcane Staff, the Enchanting Altar in Blackburrow was not visible at all (nor had its 3d collision been enabled). I had to install Titanium again to another directory in order to see it to complete the quest. I did not do anything fancy, did not modify any files whatsoever.

In case there are other variables involved, I'll post my specs:

Windows 7
AMD Athlon X2 2.4ghz
8600GTS

(other machine is same, running Windows XP)

Aha. This explains my inability to complete the Arcane Staff quest. Unfortunately, I don't think Titanium is one of the many EQ versions I ever purchased. I am playing on SOF disks. I wish there were some way I could complete this quest. I cannot petition because the rules say not to do so for quest issues. I did make a post in the quest forum but so far no reply.

Would using the secrets expansion have other problems such as how they stopped using some zones that were 2 parters and made them one. Such as the zones the plaguelands used were made into 1. Also they revamped Freeport fully. Are these zones a problem?

Back
Top Bottom